50 or 51 studebaker bussiness couple!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 or 51 studebaker bussiness couple!

Hello, I am new here. I was looking for a 50 or 51 2 door studebaker coupe or sedan for restore and I found a 50 or 51 studebaker bussiness couple the bullit nose is gone and the floor boards is completly rusted out and has some pen holes in the metal seperating the back of the door to the rear window and surfes rust all over. I talk to the guys wife she said he sell it and I was woundering what would you say is a good price to give for the car?

If I go back out there tomorro i will get some pics.

Thanks Jim

Sounds like a $200.00 to $400.00 car. But we'll see what the pics look like!

Try to figure out if it's a'51, that would be a 10 times better car to restore, better steering & suspension, easier to get parts etc. Tail lights are not flat, they bulge out at the top, and body tag under hood on pass. side of firewall says: 9G for '50 and 10G for '51.

The Business Coupes are 3 window coupes, and quite rare. The roof is shorter than a Starlight Coupe and the trunk looonger!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Sounds like a $200.00 to $400.00 car. But we'll see what the pics look like!

Try to figure out if it's a'51, that would be a 10 times better car to restore, better steering & suspension, easier to get parts etc. Tail lights are not flat, they bulge out at the top, and body tag under hood on pass. side of firewall says: 9G for '50 and 10G for '51.

The Business Coupes are 3 window coupes, and quite rare. The roof is shorter than a Starlight Coupe and the trunk looonger!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich

Comment

Thanks StudeRich for the quick reply. Thats what My wifes cousen told me 300 to 400.

Also Is there any places that make reproduction parts for the 50-51 studebaker?

thanks Jim

Comment

Thanks StudeRich for the quick reply. Thats what My wifes cousen told me 300 to 400.

Also Is there any places that make reproduction parts for the 50-51 studebaker?

thanks Jim

Comment

Welcome to the world of Studebakers! There are many of us listed at: studebakervendors.com there is a link from the main page of this SDC website to "Parts" listings.

We all have lots of new old stock parts, and some parts with high demand have been reproduced, but don't expect to find new sheet metal (exterior) doors, fenders hood, decklid etc. because there is not enough demand like a '57 Chevy. or something, to make it profitable to do so.

There is a manufacturer who has floors, trunk floor and repair panels however, Classic Enterprizes: www.ClassicEnt.com

You can sign up to become a member of SDC on the top of this page, at a discount even! Welcome!

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich

Comment

Welcome to the world of Studebakers! There are many of us listed at: studebakervendors.com there is a link from the main page of this SDC website to "Parts" listings.

We all have lots of new old stock parts, and some parts with high demand have been reproduced, but don't expect to find new sheet metal (exterior) doors, fenders hood, decklid etc. because there is not enough demand like a '57 Chevy. or something, to make it profitable to do so.

There is a manufacturer who has floors, trunk floor and repair panels however, Classic Enterprizes: www.ClassicEnt.com

You can sign up to become a member of SDC on the top of this page, at a discount even! Welcome!

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich

Comment

There was a flat black bulletnose business coupe at the TriState Meet in Asheville. I swear you could hide an NBA center in the trunk of that thing! It is a really cool looking car.
                Joe Roberts
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

There was a flat black bulletnose business coupe at the TriState Meet in Asheville. I swear you could hide an NBA center in the trunk of that thing! It is a really cool looking car.
                  Joe Roberts
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

With only $300 or so initial investment, that gives you a lot of room for creativity in the restoration (depending on what needs to be done, and what your $$ resources are!). One thing I can tell you from personal experience, is that Business Coupes are absolutely the coolest stock look that ever was made. They already have a somewhat chopped/raked look as is, since they have such a loooooong trunk and what seems to be a modified passenger compartment (but it's stock).

Needless to say, I am biased, but I always get asked "How did you chop that to remove the rear compartment?" Clearly this question comes from those unfamiliar with Business Coupes (other manufacturers made them too in the 40's/50's).

StudeRich is right... '51 is superior, and they are rare. Unforntunately, as most Stude lovers know, rare doesn't automatically equal valuable. But if you can save another Stude, do it!

Las Vegas, NV
                    '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

With only $300 or so initial investment, that gives you a lot of room for creativity in the restoration (depending on what needs to be done, and what your $$ resources are!). One thing I can tell you from personal experience, is that Business Coupes are absolutely the coolest stock look that ever was made. They already have a somewhat chopped/raked look as is, since they have such a loooooong trunk and what seems to be a modified passenger compartment (but it's stock).

Needless to say, I am biased, but I always get asked "How did you chop that to remove the rear compartment?" Clearly this question comes from those unfamiliar with Business Coupes (other manufacturers made them too in the 40's/50's).

StudeRich is right... '51 is superior, and they are rare. Unforntunately, as most Stude lovers know, rare doesn't automatically equal valuable. But if you can save another Stude, do it!

Las Vegas, NV
                      '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

I got some pics today he is asking $150 for the 1950 studebaker. I know it needs lots of work and will take a lot of time & money to do, but I getting the car next weekend.

both rear fenders, all floor pan, rocker panels, truck floor, and truck lid are rusted out. the doors and hole front cap is in good shape.

Comment

I got some pics today he is asking $150 for the 1950 studebaker. I know it needs lots of work and will take a lot of time & money to do, but I getting the car next weekend.

both rear fenders, all floor pan, rocker panels, truck floor, and truck lid are rusted out. the doors and hole front cap is in good shape.

Comment

there was a real nice looking 51 business coupe in the indiana trader last week. i think in new london mi.6600.00 running ,,dan

Comment

there was a real nice looking 51 business coupe in the indiana trader last week. i think in new london mi.6600.00 running ,,dan

Comment

Working...
                              X