No announcement yet.

50 or 51 studebaker bussiness couple!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice is good, but we all know the allure of our first Studebaker. Emotion usually triumphs over reason. If it wasn't so there'd be a lot less Studebakers left than there are. I would guess most of the people posting here have had at least one Studebaker that they just felt they had to tackle, even if it wasn't the most sensible thing to do. Maybe this is the one that this fellow will save out of semi-irrational reasons. Maybe his next Studebaker won't be such a project.

You can't beat the "first Studebaker" aura even if it's glowing around a sad, rusty hulk. I even have trouble with the "second Studebaker" aura!
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Advice is good, but we all know the allure of our first Studebaker. Emotion usually triumphs over reason. If it wasn't so there'd be a lot less Studebakers left than there are. I would guess most of the people posting here have had at least one Studebaker that they just felt they had to tackle, even if it wasn't the most sensible thing to do. Maybe this is the one that this fellow will save out of semi-irrational reasons. Maybe his next Studebaker won't be such a project.

You can't beat the "first Studebaker" aura even if it's glowing around a sad, rusty hulk. I even have trouble with the "second Studebaker" aura!
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Scott observes: "Emotion usually triumphs over reason."

Is that why we see so many projects for sale??? Heck, I've got a few where reason's won out. Wanna give one a home for less than what I've got in it?
        I guess it's better to leave the solid examples to get squished or let them wait for future generations (or rodders). Saving the steel doilies is more noble - never mind the cost.
        Next time I see that your emotions have gotten you into doo-doo, count on me not to lend any friendly advice. I wouldn't want to chance offending you.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Scott observes: "Emotion usually triumphs over reason."

Is that why we see so many projects for sale??? Heck, I've got a few where reason's won out. Wanna give one a home for less than what I've got in it?
          I guess it's better to leave the solid examples to get squished or let them wait for future generations (or rodders). Saving the steel doilies is more noble - never mind the cost.
          Next time I see that your emotions have gotten you into doo-doo, count on me not to lend any friendly advice. I wouldn't want to chance offending you.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr. Biggs, it is a very good thing you live far, far away from me. If I was living nearby I know from experience that I'd be urging on my masochistic tendencies and begging you to sell me one of your steel doilies.

Comment

Mr. Biggs, it is a very good thing you live far, far away from me. If I was living nearby I know from experience that I'd be urging on my masochistic tendencies and begging you to sell me one of your steel doilies.

Comment

Thing is, mine aren't doilies![8D]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Thing is, mine aren't doilies![8D]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I understand what your saying, and I do not take it personally or disrespectful. everyones opions are different.

I have always wanted a bullet nose since I was a teen and I found one in my area and yes your right its not by fare the best but work does not scare me, Work I can do. a big lump some of cash al at one time is not possible for me. my grandfather can no longer do the modified body work he use to do, but instructions I can follow. I just graduated Precession metals course includes machining and welding and I work for a welding and heavy equipment repair shop and my boss said they help me cut the 5 inches out of the s10 frome and weld it back together, he said they do it ever once in a while to big trucks. this studebaker will not be completely original it will have the s10 frame and suspension and the 95 LT1 with a 6speed from a 95 TA I bought it wrecked about a year ago and I will use the rear end and bucket seats from the TA also, other ideas and modification will come as progress precedes.

Thanks Jim

Comment

I understand what your saying, and I do not take it personally or disrespectful. everyones opions are different.

I have always wanted a bullet nose since I was a teen and I found one in my area and yes your right its not by fare the best but work does not scare me, Work I can do. a big lump some of cash al at one time is not possible for me. my grandfather can no longer do the modified body work he use to do, but instructions I can follow. I just graduated Precession metals course includes machining and welding and I work for a welding and heavy equipment repair shop and my boss said they help me cut the 5 inches out of the s10 frome and weld it back together, he said they do it ever once in a while to big trucks. this studebaker will not be completely original it will have the s10 frame and suspension and the 95 LT1 with a 6speed from a 95 TA I bought it wrecked about a year ago and I will use the rear end and bucket seats from the TA also, other ideas and modification will come as progress precedes.

Thanks Jim

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jap901
                        I just graduated Precession metals course includes machining and welding and I work for a welding and heavy equipment repair shop and my boss said they help me cut the 5 inches out of the s10 frome and weld it back together, he said they do it ever once in a while to big trucks. this studebaker will not be completely original it will have the s10 frame and suspension and the 95 LT1 with a 6speed from a 95 TA I bought it wrecked about a year ago and I will use the rear end and bucket seats from the TA also, other ideas and modification will come as progress precedes.
                        Jim,
                        That sounds like it will be a pretty nifty bullet nose []. Keep us informed of your progress on it.

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jap901
                          I just graduated Precession metals course includes machining and welding and I work for a welding and heavy equipment repair shop and my boss said they help me cut the 5 inches out of the s10 frome and weld it back together, he said they do it ever once in a while to big trucks. this studebaker will not be completely original it will have the s10 frame and suspension and the 95 LT1 with a 6speed from a 95 TA I bought it wrecked about a year ago and I will use the rear end and bucket seats from the TA also, other ideas and modification will come as progress precedes.
                          Jim,
                          That sounds like it will be a pretty nifty bullet nose []. Keep us informed of your progress on it.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                          X