Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'64 Daytona Convertibles in Turning Wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '64 Daytona Convertibles in Turning Wheels?

Can anyone tell me if there were any feature articles in Turning Wheels done on the 1964 Daytona Convertibles more recently than the July 1986 issue? Overall the TW index only appears to reference topics until the ca.2000 issues. Are there any known plans to update the index? I use it alot and a current index would be most helpful. Thanks.

Christof Kheim
    ---studesnbldr
    christof@rockymountainstudebaker.net
    Christof Kheim
    ---studesnbldr
    ckheim@yahoo.com

quote:Originally posted by studesnbldr

Can anyone tell me if there were any feature articles in Turning Wheels done on the 1964 Daytona Convertibles more recently than the July 1986 issue? Overall the TW index only appears to reference topics until the ca.2000 issues. Are there any known plans to update the index? I use it alot and a current index would be most helpful. Thanks.

Christof Kheim
    ---studesnbldr
    George Krem has indicated he wants to take the material from the July 1986 report and analyze it as was done with the 1958 Golden Hawk data in the September 2007 Turning Wheels. Don't look for it anytime soon, though, but he does want to do that for a future Turning Wheels feature. (A later report will/would include data for Hamilton-built 1964 convetibles as well, although they may also be the subject of a separate feature article of their own.)

Stay tuned, but don't plan on seeing it in the immediate future. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Christof Kheim
      ---studesnbldr
      George Krem has indicated he wants to take the material from the July 1986 report and analyze it as was done with the 1958 Golden Hawk data in the September 2007 Turning Wheels. Don't look for it anytime soon, though, but he does want to do that for a future Turning Wheels feature. (A later report will/would include data for Hamilton-built 1964 convetibles as well, although they may also be the subject of a separate feature article of their own.)

Stay tuned, but don't plan on seeing it in the immediate future. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks Bob for the update. So am I correct in assuming from your response that Fred Fox has NOT done any more recent feature article about the '64 Convertibles than George's which appeared in '86??

Christof Kheim
        ---studesnbldr
        Christof Kheim
        ---studesnbldr
        ckheim@yahoo.com

Comment

Thanks Bob for the update. So am I correct in assuming from your response that Fred Fox has NOT done any more recent feature article about the '64 Convertibles than George's which appeared in '86??

Christof Kheim
          ---studesnbldr
          Christof Kheim
          ---studesnbldr
          ckheim@yahoo.com

Comment

Christof Kheim
            ---studesnbldr
            To the best of my knowledge, that is correct. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Christof Kheim
              ---studesnbldr
              To the best of my knowledge, that is correct. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

The February 1993 TW has a '64 Daytona convertible on the front cover, and Fred's feature article about 1964 Lark-Types beginning on page 6.
                JWW

Comment

The February 1993 TW has a '64 Daytona convertible on the front cover, and Fred's feature article about 1964 Lark-Types beginning on page 6.
                  JWW

Comment

JWW is being modest...it's his gorgeous Astra White, 4-speed '64 Daytona Convertible on the Feb. '93 TW cover. Great photo, too--a beautiful, fall outdoor setting.

Bill Pressler
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

JWW is being modest...it's his gorgeous Astra White, 4-speed '64 Daytona Convertible on the Feb. '93 TW cover. Great photo, too--a beautiful, fall outdoor setting.

Bill Pressler
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                      X