Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Mississippi Valley Zone Meet

Rockford, IL

Got here at 8:30 AM. Except for the fact that there were 3 other Studebakers here, you would never know. So far this afternoon only 2 vendors. The cars are starting to come in. This is not typical of our zone meets. Time to regroup.

I am usually the unluckiest guy around. You know, go to a restaurant, order food and it never comes. If it wasn't for Studebaker dependability, I'd be totally screwed (can I use that word?).

The wireless Internet sucks. ABout 6 tries to get connected with a 13% signal. Then the key card doesn't work to get into the room. Get 2 more cards, still doesn't work. Get maintenance. Now I can get into the room(without the card)but the door doesn't lock.

Tomorrow I'll report Studebaker stuff.

Bob40 is here. He brought the wrong parts list for his NOS parts, so we're harassing the crap out of him. I think he'll live.

I may not be able to upload pics to my website until I get home.

Later...

Claude Chmielewski
    Studeski
    http://www.studeski.com
    Fillmore, Wisconsin
    47 M-16 Truck
    62 GT Hawk
    63 Lark
    64 Commander Wagonaire
    50 Champion Regal (parts car)
    [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/dakota01.jpg[/img=left]
    "One after another they volunteered how in their families and in their
    communities they were expected to be responsible for their behavior, how
    honesty was assumed to be the rule, not the exception. They also talked
    matter-of-factly about the sense of duty to their country, a sentiment not
    much in fashion anymore."
    sigpic
    Claude Chmielewski
    Studeski
    http://www.studeski.com
    Fillmore, Wisconsin
    47 M-16 Truck
    53 2R5
    60 Lark VIII Convertible
    60 5E7 Champ pickup
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    63 Lark
    63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
    64 Commander Wagonaire
    64 Daytona Convertible
    50 Champion Regal (parts car)
    36 Dictator
    36 Dictator in pieces

We're waiting expectantly, Claude.

Chris Pile
    The Studebaker Special
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

We're waiting expectantly, Claude.

Chris Pile
      The Studebaker Special
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Yep.Brought a list that had all the part numbers but no description of what they fit.Enough guys knew what they needed by sight and a parts book or 3 helped with buyers.
        Was a great show as Claudes pics will attest to.Enjoyed talking to a wide number of forum members including GTTim,Jim Turner,Claude and many more.
        Hey Claude...you did manage to show up for breakfast on time didn't you?..lol
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Yep.Brought a list that had all the part numbers but no description of what they fit.Enough guys knew what they needed by sight and a parts book or 3 helped with buyers.
          Was a great show as Claudes pics will attest to.Enjoyed talking to a wide number of forum members including GTTim,Jim Turner,Claude and many more.
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bob40

I hang my head in shame everytime someone mentions Claude and breakfast in the same sentence. How long am I going to have to bear this shame???

Jerry Forrester
            Be sure to check out my eBay store
            http://stores.ebay.com/CHROME-CHROME-CHROME_
            for your shiny Stude stuff
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bob40

I hang my head in shame everytime someone mentions Claude and breakfast in the same sentence. How long am I going to have to bear this shame???

Jerry Forrester
              Be sure to check out my eBay store
              http://stores.ebay.com/CHROME-CHROME-CHROME_
              for your shiny Stude stuff
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Me my wife and dad were there on Sat with the Avanti for the show. First zone meet for us.

Comment

Me my wife and dad were there on Sat with the Avanti for the show. First zone meet for us.

Comment

Yep, It was a GREAT meet! After getting my generator "fixed" in Rockford, and dealing with some "family health" issues, I blasted out of town about 12 pm today. Landed it Noblesville about 5:30 9Rockford time) The ole' ragtop sure like 70 mph better then 55 or 60 BOSEG!
                    Before I left on Saturday, Gordy Buetsch gave me a ride in his 500 cu in Caddy powered 53 Coupe! Even though it was only around the parking lot of the Clock Tower Inn, it was VERY impressive!
                    It was good to see Bob40, (I'll let you know on the temp gauge) Claude, I managed to see Ron "rusty with oil" Johnson, (my high school shop teacher, that got me into Studes) of course Gordy Buetsch, whom I've also known for 30+ years (I painted my Golden Hawk in his garage) I also have a picture still on my tool box of Gordys 53 and my Golden Hawk from 1976!
                    One of my buddies from Vocational school, Kevin Nousieanen (he bought a 63 Avanti from me in 1986) and were still friends! <G>
                    Meeting Ron Powell, and Ernie Endsley (Ernies Car Care) It was a very enjoyable weekend!
                    Thanks to the Rock River Chapter for a good time!

Jim
                    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                    their Memorials!

Comment

Yep, It was a GREAT meet! After getting my generator "fixed" in Rockford, and dealing with some "family health" issues, I blasted out of town about 12 pm today. Landed it Noblesville about 5:30 9Rockford time) The ole' ragtop sure like 70 mph better then 55 or 60 BOSEG!
                      Before I left on Saturday, Gordy Buetsch gave me a ride in his 500 cu in Caddy powered 53 Coupe! Even though it was only around the parking lot of the Clock Tower Inn, it was VERY impressive!
                      It was good to see Bob40, (I'll let you know on the temp gauge) Claude, I managed to see Ron "rusty with oil" Johnson, (my high school shop teacher, that got me into Studes) of course Gordy Buetsch, whom I've also known for 30+ years (I painted my Golden Hawk in his garage) I also have a picture still on my tool box of Gordys 53 and my Golden Hawk from 1976!
                      One of my buddies from Vocational school, Kevin Nousieanen (he bought a 63 Avanti from me in 1986) and were still friends! <G>
                      Meeting Ron Powell, and Ernie Endsley (Ernies Car Care) It was a very enjoyable weekend!
                      Thanks to the Rock River Chapter for a good time!

Jim
                      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                      their Memorials!

Comment

...and I had a good time too! The Rock River Chapter did a great job, it was a very nice meet. The trip to the AMC test track was a highlight that I won't forget.

Tim K.
                        '64 R2 GT Hawk
                        Tim K.
                        \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

...and I had a good time too! The Rock River Chapter did a great job, it was a very nice meet. The trip to the AMC test track was a highlight that I won't forget.

Tim K.
                          '64 R2 GT Hawk
                          Tim K.
                          \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Yea have to admit beside the cooler weather in the morning for our first meet like this we sure had a good time and got to meet alot of nice people. One thing for sure was is that I was real nervous when it came time to have our car judged and was just praying it would start when I turned the key We did not have the chance to atend the awards dinner so not real sure how it turned out.

Father owned but shared 64 R2 Avanti

Comment

Yea have to admit beside the cooler weather in the morning for our first meet like this we sure had a good time and got to meet alot of nice people. One thing for sure was is that I was real nervous when it came time to have our car judged and was just praying it would start when I turned the key We did not have the chance to atend the awards dinner so not real sure how it turned out.

Father owned but shared 64 R2 Avanti

Comment

Working...
                              X