Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tluz
    replied
    Pull out the hole saw and do a swiss-cheese job on it. i bet you can slim it down by 40-50 lbs

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    All I know is the darned thing is more than 1/4" thick top and bottom, and runs most of the length of the center of the car!!!! It takes three people to load one into a pickup.

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Serious drag racers strain for every little advantage. The Avanti is carrying 230# more or 8%. The Lark would be a couple tenths quicker ET, but no difference in MPH.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    Originally posted by 00RACER View Post
    The x-frame actually weighs only 75 pounds
    Yeah, I was gonna say unloaded one by my self so it couldn't be over 100#.

Leave a comment:

• 00RACER
    replied
    The x-frame actually weighs only 75 pounds

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Some numbers/weights (pounds):
    1963 Lark two door V8s - Standard 2910, Regal 2925, Custom 2940, Daytona hardtop 3035;
    1963 Avanti - 3140.
    Of course, these are base weights exclusive of any options.

Leave a comment:

• grobb284
    replied
    Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
    No, the Lark is actually a little lighter (2 dr). Plus the center of gravity is higher, and thus weight transfer is better. The Avanti has the heavy X member like convertibles that weighs a couple of hundred pounds. The Lark would win in acceleration. Top speed probably the Avanti due to areodynamics.

Does the x-member really weigh a couple of hundred pounds? Years ago I estimated the weight of the I-beam style weldments using stock bar sizes, but I can't remember what the weight was that was generated.

Leave a comment:

• rodnutrandy
    replied
    Thank you! I doubt I will ever have either, but in my dream world it's nice to know !

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    No, the Lark is actually a little lighter (2 dr). Plus the center of gravity is higher, and thus weight transfer is better. The Avanti has the heavy X member like convertibles that weighs a couple of hundred pounds. The Lark would win in acceleration. Top speed probably the Avanti due to areodynamics.

Leave a comment:

• rodnutrandy
    started a topic Weight of Lark versus Avanti

Weight of Lark versus Avanti

Wondering if a Avanti has any weight advantage over a Lark . Reason is I wonder if a super charged 289 would work better in one than the other. I figure someone here will know ! Thanks !
Working...
X