Service Manual Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Manual Recommendations

I'm looking for some recommendations on what service manuals I should get for my 55 2dr Hardtop. When I've ordered manuals for my pickups I've gotten Overhaul Manuals, Chassis Guides, Service Manuals and even a "Factory Assembly Manual", quite frankly I'd like to know what to ask for (and what might be available) when I call my local used auto books dealer.

Thanks,
    Ron

I have the shop, chassis parts and body parts manuals. I don't know if a used bookstore would have these, but the Studebaker vendors carry them.
    David

Comment

I have the shop, chassis parts and body parts manuals. I don't know if a used bookstore would have these, but the Studebaker vendors carry them.
      David

Comment

Of course, if you get the CD version, they are all included. And for the princely sum of $19.95. As mentioned available at most vendors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1903.98)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Of course, if you get the CD version, they are all included. And for the princely sum of $19.95. As mentioned available at most vendors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1903.98)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The terms you used, such as service manual and overhaul manual, are those used by GM, and make sense, given their wide product range. Studebaker produced single shop manuals that covered most of what would have been in the various GM manuals. Studebaker owners also find the chassis and body parts manuals to be very helpful for both ordering parts and as aid to service work. Stude parts books have very detailed exploded views that are much better than those found in the parts books produced by other companies. All these books are available as reprints from many vendors and originals show up frequently on ebay.

Skip Lackie
            Washington DC
            Skip Lackie

Comment

The terms you used, such as service manual and overhaul manual, are those used by GM, and make sense, given their wide product range. Studebaker produced single shop manuals that covered most of what would have been in the various GM manuals. Studebaker owners also find the chassis and body parts manuals to be very helpful for both ordering parts and as aid to service work. Stude parts books have very detailed exploded views that are much better than those found in the parts books produced by other companies. All these books are available as reprints from many vendors and originals show up frequently on ebay.

Skip Lackie
              Washington DC
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks guys I ordered the 4 manual set from Stude-Intl as well as the CD so I can print out things to take to the shop.

Ron

Comment

Thanks guys I ordered the 4 manual set from Stude-Intl as well as the CD so I can print out things to take to the shop.

Ron

Comment

Working...
                  X