Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Americana scenes (with models)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Americana scenes (with models)

    Lots of Studebaker (and Packard) content here~

    http://blog.flickr.net/en/2013/10/04...nic-americana/



    DIGG IT!!!
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

    3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

    past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

    past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

  • #2
    Argh! Ya beat me to it. http://www.flickriver.com/photos/247...tags/dioramas/

    I saw a video interview with him on Yahoo this morning, http://blog.flickr.net/en/2013/10/04...nic-americana/

    He sure looks like a Studebaker/Packard fan, as many varied models he shows in the dioramas, I think. This isn't a new story, apparently...is he an SDC member?

    Comment


    • #3
      Models ?

      Very impressive Models Dave, But I was expecting a different kind of Model!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

      Comment


      • #4
        Looking for pinups at 10 in the morning Rich?? Raised my eyebrows at that one.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have seen lots of his work before. There are tons of photos online. This guy has a great understanding of perspective and to the untrained eye many of his pictures would be indistinguishable from a real scene. He also uses lots of Studebakers in his photos. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing these.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

          Sol Lucet Omnibus

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Very impressive Models Dave, But I was expecting a different kind of Model!
            Chris has posted pretty much all of his photos from the Bell's Open House already-
            but you would have to be on FaceBook to see them...
            sorry Dad!!!




            StudeDave '57
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

            3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

            past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

            past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LeoH View Post
              Looking for pinups at 10 in the morning Rich?? Raised my eyebrows at that one.
              I am innocent Leo, I was just reading Dave's Title when that thought occurred to me, knowing he HAS Pictures from the Bell's Museum with Cars and MODELS.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                I have seen lots of his work before. There are tons of photos online. This guy has a great understanding of perspective and to the untrained eye many of his pictures would be indistinguishable from a real scene. He also uses lots of Studebakers in his photos. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing these.
                What I also find striking in his work is his eye for lighting and how he gets his realism from lighting effects. That's as amazing to me as are his model building skills.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  I am innocent Leo, I was just reading Dave's Title when that thought occurred to me, knowing he HAS Pictures from the Bell's Museum with Cars and MODELS.
                  Well-l-l-l there's nothing to be guilty of wanting to look at models.
                  Last edited by LeoH; 10-04-2013, 10:47 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    He's been written up here several times in the past....

                    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ael+paul+smith

                    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ael+paul+smith

                    Good to see some new content. He has an eye for perspective.
                    Jeff
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

                    Jeff


                    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



                    Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X