No announcement yet.

1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk - Gas Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless the tank is simply swiss cheese, and I mean real swiss cheese, just take or send it to GasTankRenu and be done with it: http://www.gastankrenu.com/

They did the tank on my 1956 Clipper Super hardtop more than ten years ago and it is fine, even with some alcohol-enhanced gasoline having gone through it. Lifetime warranty on their work, too, so long as you own the car.

Really, don't waste your time or money trying to pursue a new or good used tank. Even if your existing tank has pinholes in it, they can make it do just fine. When I was at their shop in Franklin IN dropping off and picking up mine, I saw some tanks in process that you would not believe were being saved, but they were rare and the technicians said, "No problem; we repair tanks that bad all the time."

Highly recommended. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the link... I wonder if they have approved distributors here in the UK..? I'll email them over the weekend and see what they come back with... the downside of doing this outside of the States!
      Richard
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packard352 View Post
        Hey Bob,

Thanks for the link... I wonder if they have approved distributors here in the UK..? I'll email them over the weekend and see what they come back with... the downside of doing this outside of the States!
        Ah, the hazards of the internet, Richard; I failed to note you were not in The United States.

Nonetheless, GasTankRenu has been around long enough that if they were to ever have franchises in the UK, I would think they'd have them by now. If they do, I would stress that you employ one of them if at all possible. I believe it would save you an enormous amount of frustration, rather than trying to source a new or good used tank. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
          Here's a product that will seal the sending unit gaskets. It can be purchased from Amazon if you can't find it anywhere else :
          Thanks Dwain and Kerry! I guess I have another winter project now too!
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Richard
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Bob,

I received a reply from Renu, who have an appointed partner in the UK and I've also received a reply from the UK-based operation.

So, in the short-term, I'll probably get the gas tank up to them and they work their magic on the tank. Turnaround is 5 - 7 days and they've partnering with Renu for 15 years, so they'll know the form!

Thanks Bob for the tip, Richard
              Richard
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X