Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57hawk
    replied
    Sad Situation indeed but thankful it wasn't worse....

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
    Can you say "gypsy trucker"?
    Yep...I know what you mean. I also suspect others do too. So...let's leave it there and be sure not to take this thread in a direction it don't need to go.

The loss of the car is bad...but we all know this could have been much worse. My thoughts and prayers go to Leland. Now he has a unique tale of how tough the old Packard was that allowed him to survive the attack of the big-rig!

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Can you say "gypsy trucker"?

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    So sorry, glad he was not injured. Hope he is well insured.

Pat

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Ouch ! Glad the driver is OK. The trucker did not stop; wonder what the rest of the story is, but we'll probably never know, unless someone got a license number or some other identifying info.

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    Total Loss... :-(

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    Dang! Isn't that the Packard he just bought recently? Too bad.
    Glad Leland is not hurt.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Thankful he's OK - that poor Clipper tho - has clipped to many pylons.

Leave a comment:

• Studedude
    started a topic Sad Situation

Sad Situation

Leland Laws, a long time SDC member, was involved in an accident while in route to our Perkins, OK car show this morning. We had a storm front moving through, and apparently an 18 wheeler clipped Leland's car, sending him into the center median, where he struck some pylons:

The truck driver did not stop. Leland is not injured, and his wife was not with him (which is unusual,) so we can be thankful of that.

Leland is a dedicated SDC member, and lives up to the "Driver" in SDC... today is a good example, he was going to the meet, rain or shine.

Let's be careful out there!!
Working...
X