Field of Dreams: 500-vehicle Lambrecht Auction set for Sept. 28-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field of Dreams: 500-vehicle Lambrecht Auction set for Sept. 28-29

This is really hard to believe. I don't believe this has been posted before, if it has, here it is again. (At least one Stude) http://www.hagerty.com/

Field of Dreams: 500-vehicle Lambrecht Auction set for Sept. 28-29:

http://www.hagerty.com/classic-car-a...hx?h=350&thn=0

Dick
    Mountain Home, AR
    http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Probably the most-discussed story in the hobby for the last few months, including here. Just one of the threads here:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...oxibid-is-open
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I don't believe this has been posted before
      We've been talking about this for six months, if not longer.
      It's literally all over the internet and other media by now.
      I'd say it's impossible to miss or avoid.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Anyone see what this junk is going for on the history channel. These people are out of their minds. $11,000 for a 77 vega. $26,500 for a 69 chevelle that needs a complete restore with the roof crushed and open to the weather for years. $16,000 for a old 70's monte carlo.

Comment

I'm watching right now. Prices are crazy, but where else are you going to find something like an Apache pickup with only two original miles? Nowhere. It's the price somebody wants to pay for a piece of history. If only it were 500 Studebakers.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
            Anyone see what this junk is going for on the history channel. These people are out of their minds. $11,000 for a 77 vega. $26,500 for a 69 chevelle that needs a complete restore with the roof crushed and open to the weather for years. $16,000 for a old 70's monte carlo.
            The Monte has a 454.
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

10 grand for a Vega????

Talk about getting caught up in the moment...
              \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
              The Replacements.

Comment

Watched most of it on history channel tonight. They showed a 51 bullet nose, maybe there was a 50, and also a 53 hardtop. One guy talked about his grandfather's Studebaker that got traded in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
                  Watched most of it on history channel tonight. They showed a 51 bullet nose, maybe there was a 50, and also a 53 hardtop. One guy talked about his grandfather's Studebaker that got traded in.
                  What did the 53 go for?

Comment

I'm stuck on the West Coast and the auction is going on now. The cars are amazing. I think most of the folks are bidding for the history of the moment. The cars are very cool and obviously very collectible.

The trouble is the format. The morons from the American version of Top Gear are killing me. They've already ruined Top Gear, and now they're in the process of spoiling the Lambrecht Auction. The BBC version of Top Gear is one of the best ever car shows ever made. Now, those guys know their cars and really put on a great show. These three dodos are so boring and self absorbed, they keep forgetting to go back to the cars being auctioned as they make futile attempts at humor. Usually at others expense. They make fun of the buyers... right on camera.... with the buyer standing there getting insulted in front of the entire car world. I'd have to punch the goon in the nose if he was that condescending to me.

Its gotten so bad, that I've simply had to DVR it so I can go back and watch it without the insipid commentary from the three idiots.
                    I've tried to be nice, but found it to be impossible.
                    sals54

Comment

Oh they weren't that bad. Many commentators on car things know less than the audience.

....well, they were bad but not bad enough to make me not watch. What do you say, really? The first cameo truck took my breath away....who knew it could bring such a price?
                      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I was there also. Memorabilia was a little pricey Saturday AM. I parked on the south side of the road for $20.00 and walked across a beautiful golf course to get to the auction site. I had my clubs in the car. But, after yelling fore so many times it would probably not be worth it. There was 6-7 rows of cars. The rows were 100 to 150 YARDS LONG. Lots of enjoyable memorabilia. I'm glad I made the trip (4 Hours) one way from Des Moines. I left about 1 Saturday afternoon and the cars were backed up on the highway to get in for about a mile.

Comment

Watched some of it, as well as Barrett/Jackson, as well as the Internet live feed.....
                          The Internet live feed was a snooze, as it was shot from the next row with the camera on a tall stick.
                          Unless you had an auction card, you could not see what was being auctioned.
                          So, unless you had to know the selling price instantly, it was just auction chatter.

The Top Gun idjits weren't too awful, but they were just TV auction lamprey eels.
                          They were there to latch onto and gain cable TV exposure.
                          They added little to the auction, but....they didn't take much away from it, either.

As with most rural outside auctions, I think the real fun part is the perusal of stuff ahead of time.
                          Unless you are involved directly in the item being auctioned, the auction itself is a snooze.

The cable TV coverage did show (much better than the auction catalog) just how bad some of these vehicles were.

Was pleasantly surprised to see pricing reality on a lot of items.
                          People weren't going nutz, except on the rare gems.....
                          All in all... Glad to watch some of it...Happy not to have wasted a whole day on it all....
                          Jeff
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I should have dropped off a few of my parts cars to see if they would have sold for 10 or 12k. Selling prices were a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
                              Selling prices were a joke.
                              A joke? Yes. The Lambrecht family members are laughing. All the way to the bank.
                              I wonder if you added up the value of all the vehicles when they were parked there, figured in the inflation, and compared it to the final total of the auction, how would the totals compare?
                              Jerry Forrester
                              Forrester's Chrome
                              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
                              X