X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bezhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    Careful Bez,...You're treading on dangerous ground here! (Take it from old SN-60....He knows!!!!)
    You're no fun!

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
    Designers make things for the soul....engineers make things for the flesh. Sometimes the soul is lost in an attempt to satisfy the flesh. This car has lost it's soul.

Careful Bez,...You're treading on dangerous ground here! (Take it from old SN-60....He knows!!!!)

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    Designers make things for the soul....engineers make things for the flesh. Sometimes the soul is lost in an attempt to satisfy the flesh. This car has lost it's soul.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    StudeRich,......I got that ...When the name 'Nestlehut' was mentioned...I too somehow thought of 'Nethercutt'...Oh well! (Great minds think alike?)

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    I am pretty sure the little door is for golf clubs. If the car got subframed it would really be easy to miss the wheelbase a bit with everything off the frame.....if fact I bet it happens a lot.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    I just thought the owner of the Classic Packard may be some Eastern Half of the U.S. Famous Person like J.B. Nethercutt relative of the founder of Merle Norman Cosmetics is here in the West. His Luxury Classic Car Collection/Museum is second to none.

But now that I see under the hood, I can see that this one would never qualify for that Class of Automobile.

Born in South Bend, IN, on October 11, 1913, J.B. moved to Santa Monica, CA, in 1923 to live with his aunt and founder of Merle Norman Cosmetics, Merle Nethercutt Norman. He later left his studies at the California Institute of Technology to go into business with his aunt.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    There's a lot of weight to go on the car yet. I think the suspension is about correct as far as height goes.
    That pic also shows why he wants the engine raised. It looks lost setting down that low.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    What a neat car!

I think this pic shows a lot of the prob you describe...

Way too much air over the tire and wheel/tire not centered in the opening.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    Originally posted by junior View Post
    Pretty cool coupe, love the little golf club door on pass side (if that's it's purpose).
    I think that I heard somewhere that this body style was known as a 'Doctor's Coupe'. The little door was supposedly for the doctor's bag.
    from the angles in the photos, just looks like a wheel with little-to-zero back spacing would help out.
    Those wheels aren't going to stay on the car, they're just roll-a-rounds. Nestlehut has wire wheels on all his cars. Wheel Vintique makes 'em with the backspacing of your choice (with-in reason)
    Looks pretty good to me in the photos you provided. Pretty cool coupe, love the little golf club door on pass side (if that's it's purpose). Would agree that the front axle centerline needs to be moved forward, and weird that the shop didn't catch that booboo. Why does the engine location need to be moved?...and what's the problem with the rear end placement...from the angles in the photos, just looks like a wheel with little-to-zero back spacing would help out. ps, color looks great on this car. cheers, Junior.

Leave a comment:

• martyb
    replied
    1957 Packard for sale
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• junior
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
    Pix of JN's 1937 Packard.
    Nestlehut had this car built in another shop and he says they really screwed things up. Look at the pictures and you be the judge.
    Looks pretty good to me in the photos you provided. Pretty cool coupe, love the little golf club door on pass side (if that's it's purpose). Would agree that the front axle centerline needs to be moved forward, and weird that the shop didn't catch that booboo. Why does the engine location need to be moved?...and what's the problem with the rear end placement...from the angles in the photos, just looks like a wheel with little-to-zero back spacing would help out. ps, color looks great on this car. cheers, Junior.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Is Nestlehut someone "Famous"? Or do people not living under rocks know who He/She/It is?
    I wish I had put StreetRod Packard in the title. Then maybe you would have skipped over the thread. In fact, I wish you would skip over all my posts. I'm a StreetRodder, you're a Purist. Get over it. No big g here.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Is Nestlehut someone "Famous"? Or do people not living under rocks know who He/She/It is?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    started a topic Nestlehut's 1937 Packard

Nestlehut's 1937 Packard

Pix of JN's 1937 Packard.
    We have to pull all the front sheetmetal and the rear fenders, send them out and have them repainted a darker blue, the car is two tone now but you have to really, really look to see it.
    While the front fenders are off, we have to pull the engine, cut the front frame and relocate the suspension, (1 3/4 inch to far back and tilted to the front, see the last pic) raise the engine & tranny three inches as well as move them forward a couple inches. Also have to relocate the rear axle. Nestlehut had this car built in another shop and he says they really screwed things up. Look at the pictures and you be the judge.
    Attached Files
Working...
X