Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Membership SCAM ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Membership SCAM ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've received several emails proporting to be from one, or more SDC officers and board members, requesting money to help them get home from some out of the country vacation site. Seems that someone has hijacked these folks email accounts and are trying to scam people out of money.
    Bo

I wish people like that would just get a job!
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Well, Bo, I guess I won't call YOU:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk1mxUKiTN8

BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Well, Bo, I guess I won't call YOU:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk1mxUKiTN8

BP
        Well, Bob, If you feel that way about it DON'T:
        Bo

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Markham View Post
          Well, Bob, If you feel that way about it DON'T:
          Uh....you do understand that was a joke to intro the video, Bo; don't you? BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yup. Just got one from Nita.... I knew it wasn't her.
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Now I'm feeling left out. I haven't received one yet.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

They don't do that to me ....they know I have no money !
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks for the heads up !
                  Randy Wilkin
                  1946 M5 Streetrod
                  Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

I got one too.

Since I didn't think Nita was in the Philippines, I blocked the sender.
                    sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

That's an old scam I last heard in Mexico. Good 'ol boy gives the night clerk at the hotel a phone number and says "If I die here, just call that number and they'll take care of everything". Survives and heads back to Texas, but calls home and finds out the desk clerk had called as soon as he left the hotel and said "Poor Daniel's been in a terrible accident and the doctors won't operate unless they have $5000. Send money!". These folks aren't all that sophisticated...just dishonest. Hotel clerk was fired the next day.
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I had and email last year for assistance from one of our club members. He was on holiday just before the email but I knew that he had returned. The money was to pay for his hotel bill in Scotland.
                        sigpic
                        55 President Deluxe
                        64 Commander
                        66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                          That's an old scam I last heard in Mexico. Good 'ol boy gives the night clerk at the hotel a phone number and says "If I die here, just call that number and they'll take care of everything". Survives and heads back to Texas, but calls home and finds out the desk clerk had called as soon as he left the hotel and said "Poor Daniel's been in a terrible accident and the doctors won't operate unless they have $5000. Send money!". These folks aren't all that sophisticated...just dishonest. Hotel clerk was fired the next day.
                          Reminds me of a short story by Ray Bradbury.
                          Ed Sallia
                          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            Uh....you do understand that was a joke to intro the video, Bo; don't you? BP
                            Bob, you understand the old saying "hook, line and sinker", right? Your just way to easy to hook!
                            Bo

Comment

IMPORTANT!

1 - Following up on post #12 from 2moredoors, the advice I received from law enforcement officials at that time is that the perpetrator has likely hacked into the internet accounts of the victims and equally likely already has access to their mailboxes.

2 - Under no circumstances should you follow through except to delete the email immediately.

3 - It would be helpful if you personally contacted the person(s) supposedly needing your assistance to let them know you've been contacted by the scammer.

4 - Consult your service provider to see if you should change your email address.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                              X