Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do many vendors come to Nashville (Music City)swap meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do many vendors come to Nashville (Music City)swap meet?

Oct 11-12 TN, Nashville. Studebaker Music City Meet.Is there a list of attending vendors?If not any vendors coming PM me and I'II put in a order for some parts needed.
    Thanks,
    Tony

I went last year. There weren't too many vendors at all, aside from a few people who were cleaning out the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
      I went last year. There weren't too many vendors at all, aside from a few people who were cleaning out the garage.

Thats my luck.
      Thanks

Comment

Sometimes the best deals are made with someone cleaning out their garage, but you never know.
        sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

How come we necer got an update on the return with the hawk? I want some pics!

Comment

I was there last year, and hope to go again this year. There were several folks there passing on their stashes. Also a few vendors there, but none of the "big names" we often see elsewhere. Bought a few things, and later wished I'd bought a couple of things I passed on. Good prices on all I saw. But the "swap meet" was just icing on the cake; lots of nice Studes to look at; a few for sale, and a nicer bunch of Studebaker folks cannot be found anywhere. Not only the locals, but also the several folks who came from other states, i.e. GA, AL, NC, etc..
            Last edited by JoeHall; 09-25-2013, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
              How come we necer got an update on the return with the hawk? I want some pics!
              " Bah Hum Bug" P/O failed to disclose the parking brake system had been removed.Trying to find the parts to put it back together...Double " Bah Hum Bug"
              Last edited by tony58; 09-25-2013, 08:32 PM.

Comment

tony58, if you get to go to this meet, there are some VERY nice people and cars there. True that there has not always been a huge swap meet, but there is always some neat stuff. I have bought and sold both there, and always enjoyed the meet and the people. As one of the other posts indicated, some one cleaning out their garage or extra stashes can be a real deal sometimes. One incident that I was involved in got me enough parts that didn't apply to my personal car to make me a vendor for several years, gaining many friends and trading some of my parts for some of theirs. When we decided to move here, the amount of stuff I had to get rid of quickly (including complete engines, partial engines, NOS grille and fender, tailgate, LOTS of engine parts, transmissions, etc. ) , I sold it all to a fellow for 500 bucks ! See ? It was a bonanza for him and a relief for us, and there is always someone who is ready to sell and that someone may just be in the Music City this time ! If you go, I hope you enjoy it and score some "stuff" ! John

Comment

Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
                  tony58, if you get to go to this meet, there are some VERY nice people and cars there. True that there has not always been a huge swap meet, but there is always some neat stuff. I have bought and sold both there, and always enjoyed the meet and the people. As one of the other posts indicated, some one cleaning out their garage or extra stashes can be a real deal sometimes. One incident that I was involved in got me enough parts that didn't apply to my personal car to make me a vendor for several years, gaining many friends and trading some of my parts for some of theirs. When we decided to move here, the amount of stuff I had to get rid of quickly (including complete engines, partial engines, NOS grille and fender, tailgate, LOTS of engine parts, transmissions, etc. ) , I sold it all to a fellow for 500 bucks ! See ? It was a bonanza for him and a relief for us, and there is always someone who is ready to sell and that someone may just be in the Music City this time ! If you go, I hope you enjoy it and score some "stuff" ! John
                  I'm going for sure.I can't go but on one day.I'm sure sat. will be better than Fri.
                  Thanks...

Comment

I'd love to go but it is the same time as the Holland's annual Studebaker picnic here in Texas, & more importantly, our anniversary:-(
                    Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                      I was there last year, and hope to go again this year. There were several folks there passing on their stashes. Also a few vendors there, but none of the "big names" we often see elsewhere. Bought a few things, and later wished I'd bought a couple of things I passed on. Good prices on all I saw. But the "swap meet" was just icing on the cake; lots of nice Studes to look at; a few for sale, and a nicer bunch of Studebaker folks cannot be found anywhere. Not only the locals, but also the several folks who came from other states, i.e. GA, AL, NC, etc..
                      I 'd bet you'll find a way to make it.I'm sure I'II enjoy looking at the Studebakers.Hope to meet some local folks?
                      Thanks.
                      Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X