Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restoration of Studebaker Administration Building?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration of Studebaker Administration Building?

Nice article on restoring and reusing Administration Building in South Bend Tribune today. When they refer to Ivy Tower that is Building 84, the Body Plant. At least they're thinking.

Do you have a Link???

Comment

Originally posted by mmagic View Post
      Do you have a Link???
      Just Google South Bend Tribune and follow the link. There's a video there.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Try this:
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

It's terrific that the Stude Administration building is being saved. A beautiful building. It's the last photo I took after the Int'l Meet in '12 as my wife and I were leaving So. Bend after breakfast that day. Thanks for the article. There isn't much left of the Studebaker "empire" in So. Bend.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Don't hold your breath! We've heard these grandiose plans many times in the past. IF the building had any chance of survival, the Studebaker museum should have taken over the building, restored/converted it and moved in there. THAT would have been history preserving history. Sadly, the Admin building will eventually fall.

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
              Don't hold your breath! We've heard these grandiose plans many times in the past. IF the building had any chance of survival, the Studebaker museum should have taken over the building, restored/converted it and moved in there. THAT would have been history preserving history. Sadly, the Admin building will eventually fall.
              The original Studebaker Historical Museum was housed on the first floor of the Ad. building. They moved out because space was limited and the building was being used by the South Bend School Corp. and they needed the room. Besides that they building has basically no parking. So the museum moved into the Freeman-Spicer dealership building until they built the building they are in now.
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

We did the tour through the Administration building last year during the SDC meet and I remember trying not to laugh out loud when someone asked our guide (Andy Beckman) what the letter "S" stood for in the center of the door handles. I'm pretty sure it's not for Subaru!

Chris.

Comment

Working...
                X