C/K Emergency Brake Warning Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C/K Emergency Brake Warning Light

I have seen these, and maybe had one or two cars with them. But cannot recall how the trip switch is set up. Does anybody have one, and can explain basically how it operates? I need to set one up on the 63GT, so the wife will not forget to release the e-brake before drive-off. If anyone has one they'd part with that would be nice too.
    Thanks

They were more often found on '53 to '55 Sedans and some C/K's. Most year's AC Kits are pretty much the same for the Hand Brake shaft and handle setup up to '64 K's I believe.

There is a Chrome mounting panel for the Red Glass Lens and Light to mount under the dash.

Then the switch mounts (clamps) on the E-Brake shaft and is triggered by the alignment Pin (rivet) sticking out of the shaft on all models.

It of course is fused and connected to the ACC Terminal of the Ignition Sw.

Have you tried asking our SDC Accessory Template and Instructions Guy for details yet?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      They were more often found on '53 to '55 Sedans and some C/K's. Most year's AC Kits are pretty much the same for the Hand Brake shaft and handle setup up to '64 K's I believe.

There is a Chrome mounting panel for the Red Glass Lens and Light to mount under the dash.

Then the switch mounts (clamps) on the E-Brake shaft and is triggered by the alignment Pin (rivet) sticking out of the shaft on all models.

It of course is fused and connected to the ACC Terminal of the Ignition Sw.

Have you tried asking our SDC Accessory Template and Instructions Guy for details yet?
      Thanks Rich,
      I kinda get the idea now, but how do I get in touch with our "SDC Accessory Template & Instructions Guy"? Didn't realize we had one, but what a Blessing !
      Thanks Again
      Last edited by JoeHall; 09-22-2013, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Joe, it's just as Rich described. Certainly were available for GTs and much needed, part no. 1551996, special order section 634, page 208 of the 59-64 chassis parts manual. I also left my emergency brake on often when I started driving, since I live on a hill. Really needed one. The red light blinks till you disengage the lever.The biggest challenge is where to mount the light- the instrument panel's so busy. Here's where mine ended up. Dan
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20130922_084150_LLS_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1683842Click image for larger version

Name:	20130922_083928_LLS_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1683841

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
          I have seen these, and maybe had one or two cars with them. But cannot recall how the trip switch is set up. Does anybody have one, and can explain basically how it operates? I need to set one up on the 63GT, so the wife will not forget to release the e-brake before drive-off. If anyone has one they'd part with that would be nice too.
          Thanks
          This is the AC light that is on my '53. It works as StudeRich describes in post #2. In the first picture the brake handle is in while in the second it is pulled out. I didn't have the key with me to demonstrate the light, but it is very bright and you can't miss it when it starts flashing after so long a time.
          Attached Files
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            Thanks Rich,
            I kinda get the idea now, but how do I get in touch with our "SDC Accessory Template & Instructions Guy"? Didn't realize we had one, but what a Blessing! Thanks Again
            I found it! I was not sure exactly where the info was either Joe.

You go to our NEW Home Page Link that I suggested Clark create, it is on the Medium Blue line at the top of all the Forum pages.

Then choose: "Contacts" then: "Other Contacts" on the brand NEW Home Page someone just created!
            The first time I clicked the Home Page I got the old Home Page that had "SDC Contacts" and also got me to the Templates List and contact info.

I was totally BLOWN away and not by todays 45-50 MPH winds here either!
            This Home Page is amazing, it will take a lot of getting used to as it is nowhere the same as the old one.

I wonder if it happened while I was clicking on it?

I found under "Park Brake Warning Light" and "Parking Brake Warning Light":
            AC-2046
            AC-2127
            AC-2352 Two Times
            AC-2727 Three Times
            Also 1562786 for later Cars.

The Year info needs more work however, most is incomplete or missing.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 09-22-2013, 07:59 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
              This is the AC light that is on my '53. It works as StudeRich describes in post #2. In the first picture the brake handle is in while in the second it is pulled out. I didn't have the key with me to demonstrate the light, but it is very bright and you can't miss it when it starts flashing after so long a time.
              Paul,
              Now that, I think even I can fabricate !
              Thanks Much,
              Joe

Rich,
              I found the home page, the templates, and how to order them. But probably will just try to copy the pictures here. Too lazy to fool with snail mail nowdays.
              Thanks Much,
              Joe

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                My car came with one like that, I would like to reuse it and not sell it but since it's off the car I could get a bunch of pics from different angles to help you fabricate. Hey I'd even consider loaning it out if possible.

Comment

Working...
                X