No announcement yet.

Trucks galore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the Stude parts book lists optional saddle tanks (mounted on the frame behind the cab), and a 289 gas engine would not have gone very far with a full load without at least one. If that's an E40, the GVW would have been around 21,000 lbs. My 4E40 has a single aftermarket 40-gallon gas tank in addition to the factory 18-gallon tank. With an empty weight around 7600 lbs, the original owner probably needed it if they were doing more than going out for groceries.

The fender flares were available (maybe mandatory) with the big tires. I think they indicate the 8E40E model, which had a fishplated frame, HD brakes, and more GVW.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
      As cool as that '38 one ton is, it would not bring 75K completely restored. Maybe he inadvertently added an extra zero
      From all accounts hes convinced. I called when I saw them the first time and 75K is his price. Steve
      sigpic

Comment

Some of the trucks were interesting and maybe realistically priced when I called about them. Seems like both bigger trucks were diesel with one having a later Cummins? in it. The dump may be factory diesel. I am unsure of what was what this long after talking with him. I was interested in the Fast Transport which went south quickly but remember thinking one of the bigger trucks was close to being worth going after. Steve
        Last edited by wolfie; 09-17-2013, 01:30 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
          I believe the Stude parts book lists optional saddle tanks (mounted on the frame behind the cab), and a 289 gas engine would not have gone very far with a full load without at least one. If that's an E40, the GVW would have been around 21,000 lbs. My 4E40 has a single aftermarket 40-gallon gas tank in addition to the factory 18-gallon tank. With an empty weight around 7600 lbs, the original owner probably needed it if they were doing more than going out for groceries.

The fender flares were available (maybe mandatory) with the big tires. I think they indicate the 8E40E model, which had a fishplated frame, HD brakes, and more GVW.
          Thanks for the comments about the fender flares, and it absolutely makes sense what you say about any engine needing a large fuel supply with something like the dump truck.

Comment

Working...
          X