'56J on e-bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '56J on e-bay

Gorgeous all black 1956 Golden Hawk on e-bay now.....current bid $20,100......this one should go for BIG dollars!

I'm not fond of black (even though my '49 Champion was black), but this is a very nice car - and I'd be happy behind the wheel!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
      I'm not fond of black (even though my '49 Champion was black), but this is a very nice car - and I'd be happy behind the wheel!
      I know what You mean about 'all black', but somehow on this '56 Hawk, with all that chrome and stainless trim..............!

Comment

The 1956 Golden Hawk doesn't bring the big dollars because seems like everything on the web and in print about them is negative.

Those of us who love them thank those of you who knock them. It keeps them more affordable for us.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

To me the prettiest of all the "finned" Hawks. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...e0cc25&vxp=mtr

Bob

Comment

That '56J is just STUNNING in solid Black, I LIKE the WAY it looks. I also am not a fan of Black, as I know it is THE hardest to keep looking good, and even though it is a combination of ALL Colors, it just has NO COLOR!

The funny thing about this one is the Seller gave away the fact that it is not the original Color because obviously he did not know that "Midnight Snowcap Black" means two tone Black and White! He just copied it from the Production Order.

They EVEN state this, QUOTE: "Value in collector cars is all about the right color combination and original condition."

But I do have to say that IMHO, Black and White being Total opposites do NOT ever look good together, even though in most Colors these Hawks do look better in Two Tone.

But the bottom line is, if a buyer really likes the Car, it will sell and that is all that matters, and this one would be very hard to pass up for those wanting one and having the Cash.

StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I am pretty sure that is Ross B's old car. I have seen it up close, inside & out, top to bottom, and it is every bit as nice in the flesh as it is in the ebay pix.

That is a very high, SB production number (#3343 of about 3473), so the gold colored trunk & fender script is correct for that car. Also, it left the factory with those late 1956 "spoke type" hubcaps.

Also note the painted front & rear windshield garnishing. Only the very late production 56Js had that. The earlier ones were stainless steel.
              Last edited by JoeHall; 09-15-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                I am pretty sure that is Ross B's old car. I have seen it up close, inside & out, top to bottom, and it is every bit as nice in the flesh as it is in the ebay pix.

That is a very high, SB production number (#3343 of about 3473), so the gold colored trunk & fender script is correct for that car. Also, it left the factory with those late 1956 "spoke type" hubcaps.

Also note the painted front & rear windshield garnishing. Only the very late production 56Js had that. The earlier ones were stainless steel.
                Could this be the one?

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                  The 1956 Golden Hawk doesn't bring the big dollars because seems like everything on the web and in print about them is negative.

Those of us who love them thank those of you who knock them. It keeps them more affordable for us.

jack vines
                  Exactly, I wonder how it made 36K original miles without dropping all the valves, spinning all the bearings and the trans blowing up?
                  1996 Impala SS
                  1967 Jag XKE FHC
                  1963 Avanti R2
                  1963 Avanti R1
                  1956 Packard Patrician
                  1948 Jag Mk IV DHC
                  1909 Hupmobile Model 20

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    Could this be the one?

Craig
                    I don't think so. This one has a black package tray (so probably charcoal & white interior), no rear speaker, a passenger side mirror, and silver fender script.
                    Last edited by JoeHall; 09-15-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Packard8 View Post
                      Exactly, I wonder how it made 36K original miles without dropping all the valves, spinning all the bearings and the trans blowing up?
                      Gee Packard8, You're really not helping the owner of this fine Hawk sell his car. (Or are You trying to get a deal??)

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                        Gee Packard8, You're really not helping the owner of this fine Hawk sell his car. (Or are You trying to get a deal??)
                        I thought maybe he'd been smoking some of those left handed cigarettes out there in Cali

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                          I thought maybe he'd been smoking some of those left handed cigarettes out there in Cali
                          Nope, no wacky tabaccy. Just been reading posts here on how terrible those 56J's are 'cuz of that no good Packard motor. Send 'em all to me and I'll crush 'em.
                          1996 Impala SS
                          1967 Jag XKE FHC
                          1963 Avanti R2
                          1963 Avanti R1
                          1956 Packard Patrician
                          1948 Jag Mk IV DHC
                          1909 Hupmobile Model 20

Comment

Hee, hee, hee...
                            Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The car looks stunning, the chrome shows to advantage combined with the black paint.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X