Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    Don't know if they are still available...but "Jimmy Flinstone" was making resin Conestoga's (1/24th) also. Actually..they are sedan delivery wagons, but windows can easilly be formed.

I have a couple. One is already a slot car, drag racer. One "may be" (if I ever finish it) an RC car, and the last will be a road going slot car.

This body needs the AMT, C/K model for the details to finish it.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• JimC
    replied
    Originally posted by Swifster View Post
    I'm pushing these because if you sell out, you'll make more. And more Studebakers in general. That '62 Hawk is a stretch from what's been offered before. I can always hope for a '64 Daytona...
    I'm working with a friend who has a 3D printer to create a model of my 63. If I ever finish this project, I imagine that making a 64 wouldn't require too much tweaking to the 63 3D model.

Leave a comment:

• skyway
    replied
    Anybody remember the cast GT bodies that Jeff Newman had in a display case in the old building?
    If so, what wreathe details on those, 1/25 I thought?

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    This site will help...

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
    Oh wow. That is actually really cool. I was thinking getting a model of my car but all I could was K body models. This would be the way to go then huh?
    The "C" body is available in 1/25 scale plastic, in the Revell "Miss Deal" funny car kit. It can be built as a street '53 coupe with parts from a more common AMT hardtop kit. "Miss Deal is molded in a grape color that may be hard to cover, though. There are several on ebay. Search "revell miss deal".
    I'm collecting parts and materials for a special Duesenberg model with a resin body. Can someone tell me if resin kits require special glues or paints? Is there a web site about working with them?
    Mike M.
    Last edited by Mike; 09-15-2013, 06:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    I'm pushing these because if you sell out, you'll make more. And more Studebakers in general. That '62 Hawk is a stretch from what's been offered before. I can always hope for a '64 Daytona...

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Dresbach
    replied
    It's nice to see a GT Hawk kit being offered. Something different.

Leave a comment:

• Gary1953
    replied
    I have one of the GT Hawk slot car kits. Mine is blue with red interior.
    They show up on eBay every so often.

Leave a comment:

• Bordeaux Daytona
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
    Very nice. Even got the stainless channel on the GT rear side windows.
    Neither of my '62 Hawks (1 early, 1 late) have breather caps on the valve covers, though.
    What to do for the dual exhaust?

When looking closer, I came across this on another site (DROOL!):

I'll bet somebody around here has one of those.
    I remembered that there was a post on the Toy Studebaker Collectors Club forum about it. I know somebody who has one too. They also made a slot car version of it but it's pretty rare.
    http://tscc-online.lefora.com/2013/0...a-gt-hawk-kit/

Leave a comment:

• 3rdGenStude
    replied
    Is it just the camera angle, or does that resin GT look like it has a way too tall grill area?

Paul

Leave a comment:

• GThawkwind
    replied
    Oh wow. That is actually really cool. I was thinking getting a model of my car but all I could was K body models. This would be the way to go then huh?

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    It looks like they may have used the Pic of the Prototype '62 GT with the non-production ROUND Parking Lights to copy.

Leave a comment:

• Andy R.
    replied
    Very nice. Even got the stainless channel on the GT rear side windows.
    Neither of my '62 Hawks (1 early, 1 late) have breather caps on the valve covers, though.
    What to do for the dual exhaust?

When looking closer, I came across this on another site (DROOL!):

I'll bet somebody around here has one of those.

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    started a topic If You Love Model Cars

If You Love Model Cars

Missing Link Resins has two new resin 'kits' that used the 1953 Studebaker hardtop as the donor. The 1st one is a 1953 'C' coupe. It only comes with the body as this uses the base kit for everything else. The 2nd is a 1962 GT Hawk. The Hawk comes with a few more pieces. For those that haven't worked with resin, they require a bit more prep work.

http://www.missinglinkrc.com/everyth..._kits_2012.htm
Working...
X