If You Love Model Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Love Model Cars

Missing Link Resins has two new resin 'kits' that used the 1953 Studebaker hardtop as the donor. The 1st one is a 1953 'C' coupe. It only comes with the body as this uses the base kit for everything else. The 2nd is a 1962 GT Hawk. The Hawk comes with a few more pieces. For those that haven't worked with resin, they require a bit more prep work.

This website is for sale! missinglinkrc.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, missinglinkrc.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Very nice. Even got the stainless channel on the GT rear side windows.
    Neither of my '62 Hawks (1 early, 1 late) have breather caps on the valve covers, though.
    What to do for the dual exhaust?

When looking closer, I came across this on another site (DROOL!):

I'll bet somebody around here has one of those.
    Andy
    62 GT

Comment

It looks like they may have used the Pic of the Prototype '62 GT with the non-production ROUND Parking Lights to copy.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Oh wow. That is actually really cool. I was thinking getting a model of my car but all I could was K body models. This would be the way to go then huh?

Comment

Is it just the camera angle, or does that resin GT look like it has a way too tall grill area?

Paul
          I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
          1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
            Very nice. Even got the stainless channel on the GT rear side windows.
            Neither of my '62 Hawks (1 early, 1 late) have breather caps on the valve covers, though.
            What to do for the dual exhaust?

When looking closer, I came across this on another site (DROOL!):

I'll bet somebody around here has one of those.
            I remembered that there was a post on the Toy Studebaker Collectors Club forum about it. I know somebody who has one too. They also made a slot car version of it but it's pretty rare.

Comment

I have one of the GT Hawk slot car kits. Mine is blue with red interior.
              They show up on eBay every so often.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

It's nice to see a GT Hawk kit being offered. Something different.
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

I'm pushing these because if you sell out, you'll make more. And more Studebakers in general. That '62 Hawk is a stretch from what's been offered before. I can always hope for a '64 Daytona...
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
                    Oh wow. That is actually really cool. I was thinking getting a model of my car but all I could was K body models. This would be the way to go then huh?
                    The "C" body is available in 1/25 scale plastic, in the Revell "Miss Deal" funny car kit. It can be built as a street '53 coupe with parts from a more common AMT hardtop kit. "Miss Deal is molded in a grape color that may be hard to cover, though. There are several on ebay. Search "revell miss deal".
                    I'm collecting parts and materials for a special Duesenberg model with a resin body. Can someone tell me if resin kits require special glues or paints? Is there a web site about working with them?
                    Mike M.
                    Last edited by Mike; 09-15-2013, 05:14 AM.

Comment

This site will help...

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Anybody remember the cast GT bodies that Jeff Newman had in a display case in the old building?
                        If so, what wreathe details on those, 1/25 I thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
                          I'm pushing these because if you sell out, you'll make more. And more Studebakers in general. That '62 Hawk is a stretch from what's been offered before. I can always hope for a '64 Daytona...
                          I'm working with a friend who has a 3D printer to create a model of my 63. If I ever finish this project, I imagine that making a 64 wouldn't require too much tweaking to the 63 3D model.
                          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Don't know if they are still available...but "Jimmy Flinstone" was making resin Conestoga's (1/24th) also. Actually..they are sedan delivery wagons, but windows can easilly be formed.

I have a couple. One is already a slot car, drag racer. One "may be" (if I ever finish it) an RC car, and the last will be a road going slot car.

This body needs the AMT, C/K model for the details to finish it.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                            X