Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags-Sept 14, 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags-Sept 14, 2007

I was just wondering what representation Studebaker has in the coming Michigan Muscle Car Drags? Are George & Ted going?

Paul R

Ironically, I just sat down to post a reminder to all.

"Pure Stock Drags Week" has officially begun. I just picked up cousin George Krem at the Indianapolis airport this evening (Monday)...and as I type this, he is driving my old beater Celebrity wagon to Ted Harbit's, about 80 miles northeast of our home in Brownsburg (near Indianapolis).

George will spend two days at Ted's massaging The Plain Brown Wrapper and then return here early Thursday morning. We'll leave from here with the Dakota Quad towing the empty trailer, stopping at Ted's to load The Plain Brown Wrapper on same. The caravan will then head north to Stanton/Edmore/Mid-Michigan Motorplex from Ted's about noon Thursday, arriving in Edmore late Thursday for the night so as to be at the track (maybe six miles from Edmore) bright and early Friday morning for practice.

Ted will be hauling The Stude Tomato on his 1961 Stude hauler. Yes, we will have in competition both The Plain Brown Wrapper and The Stude Tomato at the 2007 Pure Stock Drags. We know Peter Sant will be there competing with his Avanti, as will Richard Poe with his R1 SUPER Lark (an understatement as he tickles the 13s with an R1, [:0] ...but he has to work through the 14.10s first.)

It looks like Doug Tjapkes will be there, and I would imagine John Raab will be on the field, too, in his white '63 most-of-an-R1 Regal. We're planning on Chuck and John Kern being there with their R2 Avanti. Nelson Bove and Larry "Scotty" Scott are expected to join us Thursday at Ted's for the group hug north on I-69. Larry Mitchell from Missouri is planning to be here Thursday morning to join George and I on the trip to Ted's...and then on to Michigan.

So it looks like the field will be full of Studebakers as usual...and plenty of Studebaker fans. 'Hope many of you reading this can make the trip. Remember, Friday is all day practice. Saturday is modest practice and then shoot-outs, with the event over by 3:00 Saturday afternoon, per Promoters Bob Boden and Dan Jensen's contract with The Mid-Michigan Motorplex.

Ted, myself, and anyone else normally on the forum will be off Thursday through Saturday, but I'll try to post some results Sunday afternoon. [] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ironically, I just sat down to post a reminder to all.

"Pure Stock Drags Week" has officially begun. I just picked up cousin George Krem at the Indianapolis airport this evening (Monday)...and as I type this, he is driving my old beater Celebrity wagon to Ted Harbit's, about 80 miles northeast of our home in Brownsburg (near Indianapolis).

George will spend two days at Ted's massaging The Plain Brown Wrapper and then return here early Thursday morning. We'll leave from here with the Dakota Quad towing the empty trailer, stopping at Ted's to load The Plain Brown Wrapper on same. The caravan will then head north to Stanton/Edmore/Mid-Michigan Motorplex from Ted's about noon Thursday, arriving in Edmore late Thursday for the night so as to be at the track (maybe six miles from Edmore) bright and early Friday morning for practice.

Ted will be hauling The Stude Tomato on his 1961 Stude hauler. Yes, we will have in competition both The Plain Brown Wrapper and The Stude Tomato at the 2007 Pure Stock Drags. We know Peter Sant will be there competing with his Avanti, as will Richard Poe with his R1 SUPER Lark (an understatement as he tickles the 13s with an R1, [:0] ...but he has to work through the 14.10s first.)

It looks like Doug Tjapkes will be there, and I would imagine John Raab will be on the field, too, in his white '63 most-of-an-R1 Regal. We're planning on Chuck and John Kern being there with their R2 Avanti. Nelson Bove and Larry "Scotty" Scott are expected to join us Thursday at Ted's for the group hug north on I-69. Larry Mitchell from Missouri is planning to be here Thursday morning to join George and I on the trip to Ted's...and then on to Michigan.

So it looks like the field will be full of Studebakers as usual...and plenty of Studebaker fans. 'Hope many of you reading this can make the trip. Remember, Friday is all day practice. Saturday is modest practice and then shoot-outs, with the event over by 3:00 Saturday afternoon, per Promoters Bob Boden and Dan Jensen's contract with The Mid-Michigan Motorplex.

Ted, myself, and anyone else normally on the forum will be off Thursday through Saturday, but I'll try to post some results Sunday afternoon. [] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hi Bob,
        I will br there Thursday night with Linda. Then on Saturday we head to my 40th class reunion in Independence, Ohio . I finally made it to the shootout. See you there Tony

Comment

Hi Bob,
          I will br there Thursday night with Linda. Then on Saturday we head to my 40th class reunion in Independence, Ohio . I finally made it to the shootout. See you there Tony

Comment

Hi Bob, No way I can get off work Friday but plan to be there Saturday.I have maintained my weight loss and thus able to wear my "Ted Harbit Studebaker Performance Team" polo. I encourage everyone to make the pilgramage to Stanton, if at all possible. It is so much fun. Gary/Huck

Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

Hi Bob, No way I can get off work Friday but plan to be there Saturday.I have maintained my weight loss and thus able to wear my "Ted Harbit Studebaker Performance Team" polo. I encourage everyone to make the pilgramage to Stanton, if at all possible. It is so much fun. Gary/Huck

Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

I forgot to add... Everyone have a safe and happy trip to Stanton. I have a feeling the weather is going to be perfect. Gary/Huck Detroit/Dearborn

Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

I forgot to add... Everyone have a safe and happy trip to Stanton. I have a feeling the weather is going to be perfect. Gary/Huck Detroit/Dearborn

Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

Are any of these races ever televised?

Darryl C. Lewallen Clarkesville, Ga.

Comment

Are any of these races ever televised?

Comment

I expect to be there Friday and Saturday to cheer the team on.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars1.jpg[/img=left]
                        Tom Bredehoft
                        '53 Commander Coupe
                        '60 Lark VI
                        '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                        All three Indiana built OD cars

Comment

I expect to be there Friday and Saturday to cheer the team on.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars1.jpg[/img=left]
                          Tom Bredehoft
                          '53 Commander Coupe
                          '60 Lark VI
                          '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                          All three Indiana built OD cars

Comment

I'm meeting a few friends Friday morning to make some noise, have a few drinks, pick up my R2 Carburetor and cheer the boys on! Hope to be drag racing my Hawk next year after I install my R2. I looking for a set of 3:73 gears before next Sept. Anyone have a set for sale? Bob Barrick from the Hamilton Chapter is also heading west to Stanton. Hope to meet him in Sarnia Ont early Friday morning.

Allen Anderson

1964 GT Hawk soon to be R2 Clone
                            1964 GT Hawk
                            PSMCDR 2014
                            Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                            PSMCDR 2013
                            Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

I'm meeting a few friends Friday morning to make some noise, have a few drinks, pick up my R2 Carburetor and cheer the boys on! Hope to be drag racing my Hawk next year after I install my R2. I looking for a set of 3:73 gears before next Sept. Anyone have a set for sale? Bob Barrick from the Hamilton Chapter is also heading west to Stanton. Hope to meet him in Sarnia Ont early Friday morning.

Allen Anderson

1964 GT Hawk soon to be R2 Clone
                              1964 GT Hawk
                              PSMCDR 2014
                              Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                              PSMCDR 2013
                              Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X