1963(?) Avanti passing through Everett WA today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963(?) Avanti passing through Everett WA today

I saw a white 1963 Avanti sitting on the back of a transport trailer today in Everett WA at 112th St and 4th Ave (near the Everett Mall). It was faded white with the round headlight bezels. Black steel wheels with no hubcaps. I couldn't see the interior, as it was at the top of the ramp on a 5th-wheel trailer.

Is this on it's way to someone's collection?

Mark
    Mark L

That sounds a bunch like the one that was sold out of the Bell's Collection a few weeks ago. James told me it was headed to the Sacramento area.

StudeDave '57
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Why is it, 9 times out of 10 when there is a "Studebaker spotting" its on a trailer, or sitting somewhere for sale? I cannot recall the last time someone reported seeing one rolling down the road, under its own power.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
        Why is it, 9 times out of 10 when there is a "Studebaker spotting" its on a trailer, or sitting somewhere for sale? I cannot recall the last time someone reported seeing one rolling down the road, under its own power.

I have seen a brown 56 truck running around several times lately here in the Greenville, SC area. Last time I saw it was about 2 weeks ago less than a mile from home. Havent been able to corner the owner yet but it is a decent looking truck with some GM touches (wheels, mirrors, maybe door handles and presumably drivetrain). Steve
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
          I have seen a brown 56 truck running around several times lately here in the Greenville, SC area. Last time I saw it was about 2 weeks ago less than a mile from home. Havent been able to corner the owner yet but it is a decent looking truck with some GM touches (wheels, mirrors, maybe door handles and presumably drivetrain). Steve
          I hope you eventually catch up with the truck & driver. Its always fun to talk Stude when you're both driving one. I usually run into folks who HAD one, or knew some who did.... Last time I ran into someone who actually has a Stude was about 6 months ago at a gas station. He told me where he lives, and I've driven by there a few times. There is an early 50s pickup Stude there, that looks like its been sitting a looong time. Maybe one day I will see him outside working on it, and stop by. But it looks like the hood has not been raised in years. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
          X