Anybody know this Straight-Axle Lark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know this Straight-Axle Lark?

Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race Announcer, our friend Diego Rosenberg, just forwarded this item from the preliminaries of Hot Rod's 2013 Drag Week.

Anybody know anything about it (that is, other than it being a fine candidate for Rich Dudkowski's daily Eye Candy contributions...):

http://blogs.hotrod.com/drag-week-2013-photo-gallery-of-the-first-70-cars-75675.html/2013-drag-week-hot-rod-cars-racers-lineup-registration-day-one-032/#axzz2eKbp7vXh
    Last edited by BobPalma; 09-08-2013, 12:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

awesome! Cool to see a Stude in this event... Sold my Nova so i'm out for this year but hoping to get back there with something in 2014... Be interesting to see some specs and details on this lark though.. hope it makes the week.

Comment

Bob,
      That car is owned by forum member Andrew Nelson (wheels777) from York Pa. I'm sure he will chime in when he sees this.
      Jim
      I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Cool beans, Jim; thanks for the report. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Mr Palma

Hot Rod put these photos and short up on Twitter yesterday. You guys beat me to posting about it!

HOT ROD is “where it all began,” as the first magazine to cover the hot rod culture. Since that time, HOT ROD has evolved into a brand devoted to everything from hot rods to restomods, barn finds to project cars and everything in between.
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

That's so cool. Speed channel re-ran last year's Drag Week segment. Those boys work hard just to get to the track.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
            X