X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SN-60
    replied
    Originally posted by drrotor View Post
    Well, I HAVE a '64 Daytona 2-dr. Hardtop 4-speed (which is now an R2), and mine came with a posi. I love the TT emblem! Would love to see one on my car! But did '64's have this emblem? and if so, where EXACTLY would it go? I'm trying to make my R2 clone accurate enough to fool all but the most astute studee's....
    I agree that emblem would look great on Your '64....but I don't believe Studebaker used it on the '64 models

Leave a comment:

• jnormanh
    replied
    Originally posted by Buck View Post
    Someone gave me a 64 Daytona and it has two "T"s with a circle around each of them. Ones silver and one is red. It looks like a Studebaker emblem although the engine and chassis are all built up. The chassis is a "Fat man's" design. Anyone know what the Ts might mean?

Don't believe what anyone has said. TT stands for Tarmac Terror.

Leave a comment:

• blackhawk61
    replied
    I always tell the Chevy fans that "TT" is an upgrade to the "SS" !

Leave a comment:

• drrotor
    replied
    Well, I HAVE a '64 Daytona 2-dr. Hardtop 4-speed (which is now an R2), and mine came with a posi. I love the TT emblem! Would love to see one on my car! But did '64's have this emblem? and if so, where EXACTLY would it go? I'm trying to make my R2 clone accurate enough to fool all but the most astute studee's....

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
    That emblem was enough for one person to ask if my Hawk was an older Audi.
    HA!....Funny!

Leave a comment:

• Andy R.
    replied
    That emblem was enough for one person to ask if my Hawk was an older Audi.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post

Twin Traction = Positrack
    This is definitely a 'cool' looking emblem!

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
    An easier way is to remove the plug and stick your finger in the hole, if it stops at the first digit you've got a twin trac.
    I think you might have meant "first knuckle".

Leave a comment:

• studebaker-R2-4-me
    replied
    Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
    A way to tell if it still has the TT, block the front wheels, ENGINE OFF, eBrake off and in Neutral..

Then jack up one rear wheel off the ground. If the tire spins, its not function properly, or its been removed.
    An easier way is to remove the plug and stick your finger in the hole, if it stops at the first digit you've got a twin trac.

Allen

Leave a comment:

• SScopelli
    replied
    A way to tell if it still has the TT, block the front wheels, ENGINE OFF, eBrake off and in Neutral..

Then jack up one rear wheel off the ground. If the tire spins, its not function properly, or its been removed.

Leave a comment:

• Buck
    replied
    After crawling around under the car, there is not much left that is Studebaker anymore. I'll post some pictures soon.

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Someone gave me a 64 Daytona .......
    MY MY...there's a statement worth quoting!

Something us "CASO'S" consider the ultimate way to acquire a car!

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    It it's a 44 (and no one has spuriously removed them), there will be a set of tags on the differential cover, like so:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0478.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	1683535Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0479.jpg
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	1683536Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0481.jpg
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	1683537

As you can see (under all that grease and road grime!) there are 3 tags on a Twin-Traction rear end. One contains the Twin-Traction identification and lubrication instructions, another the ratio, and the last an ID number. If you have these, you've got a closed rear end.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    How can I tell if it is still a Studebaker rearend? The car has been sitting in a garage for 10 years and I need brake parts.
    One major clue would be the Tapered Axles with the tiny "Hat" shaped spacer floating on the inboard ends of the Axles on all TT's.

I am pretty sure there were a few makes that had them, like Chrysler Products, but quite a ways back and may not have been in Dana 44's.
    Jeeps would be a lot narrower.

Even the Ratios are peculiar to Studebaker: 3.07, 3.31, 3.54, 3.73, 3.92, 4.09, 4.27, 4.56 and 4.88
    Last edited by StudeRich; 09-08-2013, 11:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stude dude
    replied
    I remember seeing one of those emblems on a Tucker Torpedo in the Nethercutt museum in LA a few years ago. Made me laugh!

Chris.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X