Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantic Zone Meet NJ Less Than A week Away

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Atlantic Zone Meet NJ Less Than A week Away

    The weather looks good from here for the Atlantic Zone Meet. This should be a great place. You can relax at the Hotel or travel to historic Philly and see the Liberty Bell, Convention Hall, some great stuff. You can gamble not far away, or just enjoy talking to me in the parking lot.

    Come on out to NJ it's not Newark Airport, this is a nice easy going area. My only caveat is take 295 instead of the NJ Turnpike and you'll think you are in some wooded wonderland.

    I am taking the Garden State Parkway, to exit 98. To 195 West to 295 South. Best travelling time is after 9 AM and before 5PM. Sunday going home really should not be a problem. Using my route would mean coming south over the Tappen Zee. You can use the George Washington Bridge and hit the Turnpike to the Parkway too.

    Well I ain't Map Quest..I just live here. So come on out to Jersey..Or we'll whack ya!

  • #2
    JG, I'm looking forward to it too. Especially the Friday night cruise in. The parkway will be a better choice over the turnpike especially south of exit 9 because that's where the turnpike construction starts. If you are heading south, you can take Rt 130 south at turnpike exit 8A instead of the turnpike.


    Todd

    Comment


    • #3
      We're coming down 611 (in PA), to 73 to State and crossing over Tacony-Palmyra bridge, (73) onto Haddenfield to the hotel, should I avoid any area along this route. (traffic or construction)
      Bill Foy
      1000 Islands, Ontario
      1953 Starlight Coupe

      Comment


      • #4
        Bill,

        I can't tell you much about PA 611 (looks like a State Hwy.) which here means plenty of food and gas but also a few lights and maybe an old lady crossing the street! Now that Tacony-Palmyra Bridge area is busy at rush hour but should settle nicely after that. It also is a draw bridge, so if a ship is crossing you may have to watch....shut the car off and get out...stretch the legs. Ten minutes and off you go! The way you planned looks scenic to me. You may be faster if you try other routes but you also might be gripping the wheel and saying things the kids shouldn't hear! Looks good to me what you have planned. Welcome to New Jersey!

        Comment


        • #5
          Todd,

          Looking forward to meeting this Daytona. You certainly have some other really great cars.... Cord, Model T, ect (are you blushing?) Yes this guy is a car guy...for those that have not met him. I am planning on going Thursday (married 31 years ) and coming home 2014. I mean Sunday. Probably no drives for me after I arrive but a trip in a bus or something may happen. The parking lot is usually good for me.

          Jim

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
            Todd,

            Looking forward to meeting this Daytona. You certainly have some other really great cars.... Cord, Model T, ect (are you blushing?) Yes this guy is a car guy...for those that have not met him. I am planning on going Thursday (married 31 years ) and coming home 2014. I mean Sunday. Probably no drives for me after I arrive but a trip in a bus or something may happen. The parking lot is usually good for me.

            Jim
            You speak the truth Jim. The inside family joke between my 3 older sisters and myself is that we all knew how to spell the word Duesenberg before we could spell anything else. Thanks to my father, he was the Baron Dick Meyer, for those of you that might be a member of the ACD club, he was able to attend the first ACD annual meet in Auburn, Indiana in 1956.

            If you are going to be hanging around the hotel on Thursday, I might have to drop by and see what's going on.

            Ps. I am pretty sure you saw the Daytona at the Beachwood show last year, if not I'll introduce you in Cherry Hill.

            Todd

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Captain Billy View Post
              We're coming down 611 (in PA), to 73 to State and crossing over Tacony-Palmyra bridge, (73) onto Haddenfield to the hotel, should I avoid any area along this route. (traffic or construction)
              Bill, I am not familiar with Pa 611, but Rt 73 shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as you don't hit it during the rush hours, so in other words, if you reach it after 9am and before 4pm, you should be ok. The local radio station in NJ is 101.5 FM, they have traffic reports every 10 or 15 minutes and they will mention the Tacony-Palmyra bridge if it is going to be open or not for a passing ship. Their traffic reports are usually pretty accurate.

              Todd

              Comment


              • #8
                If anyone is looking for a great place to eat steak, look for the Library II, I believe it is on Rt 73. There is usually a bit of a wait, but its well worth it. If you are a football fan, I have been told some players from the Philly Eagles eat there quite often, you just never know who you will see out in the area. Me personally I go for the food, I wouldn't recognize a football player if my life depended on it.

                Todd

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi Everything is moving along smoothly for the show , If you haven't registered yet please do asap , Thanks Ed

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ed, Laura and the rest of the Garden State chapter do a great job of hosting a meet. Here's pictures from last years chapter meet in Beachwood Beach.
                    http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...0QcuW7Rm5aMWlp

                    I have no doubt the zone meet will be a great meet. JG61Hawk and I will be waiting in the parking lot to greet everyone when you arrive.

                    Todd

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ed I sent you an e-mail. I'm off Thursday all day and Friday so if you want help with something contact me and I can arrive early.

                      Todd....You are correct I did meet the Daytona and forgot. Don't tell the car.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi Jim , Thanks for the offers They will be greatly appreciated , Ed

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jet Green Daytona View Post
                          Bill, I am not familiar with Pa 611, but Rt 73 shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as you don't hit it during the rush hours, so in other words, if you reach it after 9am and before 4pm, you should be ok. The local radio station in NJ is 101.5 FM, they have traffic reports every 10 or 15 minutes and they will mention the Tacony-Palmyra bridge if it is going to be open or not for a passing ship. Their traffic reports are usually pretty accurate.

                          Todd
                          MapQuest and my Garmin are routing me up I-95 and all the toll roads. Just looking at a PA map it appears that going up to Gettysburg and taking US-30 all the way to Cherry Hill crossing the Ben Franklin Bridge would be simplest (only have to keep watching for US-30 signs). I know 30 is "painful" from Gettysburg through York, but I don't know 30 past Lancaster. Good route? Bad?
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 53k View Post
                            MapQuest and my Garmin are routing me up I-95 and all the toll roads. Just looking at a PA map it appears that going up to Gettysburg and taking US-30 all the way to Cherry Hill crossing the Ben Franklin Bridge would be simplest (only have to keep watching for US-30 signs). I know 30 is "painful" from Gettysburg through York, but I don't know 30 past Lancaster. Good route? Bad?
                            I can't give you a 100% answer for this, but I do know once you get east of York, Rt 30 does open up to a major interstate with out stop lights. It is a pretty high speed road at that point, in other words if you are not doing 75 mph people are passing you like you are standing still. I just don't know how far east that it stays that way. There are some club members from south of Cherry Hill, NJ and I know that's how they travel to York, I just don't think any of those members read the forum. I live north of there and I take the Pa turnpike to Rt 30.

                            This might be a tip to get an alternate route with MapQuest and the Garmin, on the Garmin go into your settings and look for "avoidances". I think that's what its called and click the box to avoid toll roads. MapQuest should do the same thing for you.

                            Todd

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 53k View Post
                              MapQuest and my Garmin are routing me up I-95 and all the toll roads. Just looking at a PA map it appears that going up to Gettysburg and taking US-30 all the way to Cherry Hill crossing the Ben Franklin Bridge would be simplest (only have to keep watching for US-30 signs). I know 30 is "painful" from Gettysburg through York, but I don't know 30 past Lancaster. Good route? Bad?
                              I didn't use the exact address, but went into options on MapQuest and avoid toll roads and this is the route it gave me http://mapq.st/1dZ6IyV I am not sure if this makes a better route, but it does put you on I-76 which is the Pa turnpike(toll road) for part of that route.

                              Pa Rt 322 will bring you into Winslow, NJ, but it will be much further south of Cherry Hill, I think you would have to take Rt 206 north from there. Rt 206 is a good road to travel on, no tolls 50 or 55 mph speed limit on most of that road. However, Rt 322 in Pa does get backed up during the rush hours and lunch hours.

                              Hope this helps a little bit.

                              Todd

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X