Ultra Rare Studebaker "Maserati"(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra Rare Studebaker "Maserati"(?)

Went to the "Cruise 101" in San Diego today with my R1 #3348. This is the same car that won the "60's Division @ Coronado Show last year. Thought, what the heck, it's beautiful So Cal day, temp's low 70's, let's go for a Cruise & Show. The cruise was OK, went from LaJolla to the Oceanside Pier and back to Del Mar Fair Grounds for the Show portion with a few stops to eat and window shop.

For a while, thought I was the only Stude again, but found a Red Pickup there....didn't find the owner, but it was definitely a "working truck" as the bed was filled with items and fairly well nicked & scrapped. OK fess up, who owns that red pickup in San Diego?

Then decided to get in the photo & judging line, ran up to the first "judge" and he stated:

"Wow, a Maserati!, don't see many of these around. Please move up to get your picture taken and I'll send the rest of the judges over to your parking spot for a more detailed review."

He was standing over on the driver's side looked at the front and only saw the .....ti and called it as he saw it.......So did we, we got our picture and took off for home, didn't need to get "judged" anymore from that group.[:0]

I obviously need to attend more shows in San Diego and upgrade my "teaching credentials".

quote: I obviously need to attend more shows in San Diego and upgrade my "teaching credentials".
    We all need to do that!!! I'm trying to get out there more myself, honest. How 'bout the SpeedFest- you planning on going again? (DUH!!!) Maybe we can really make a showing this year... [?]

For those in the area, and even points close by~ 'SpeedFest' is a vintage race held at NAS North Island (where I 'work') that is one of the many, many events that make up San Diego's "Fleet Week"~ which runs from late August through October. This year SpeedFest is October 6 & 7. As much as I dream it, I don't believe there will be any Studes racing. One year there was a Stude-Powered car, though!!! One new event happening this year will be the Red Bull Air Races, which I can not wait to see!!!
    You can check out all the FleetWeek activities here:
    http://www.fleetweeksandiego.org/events.html

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

edited for content [:0]
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote: I obviously need to attend more shows in San Diego and upgrade my "teaching credentials".
      We all need to do that!!! I'm trying to get out there more myself, honest. How 'bout the SpeedFest- you planning on going again? (DUH!!!) Maybe we can really make a showing this year... [?]

For those in the area, and even points close by~ 'SpeedFest' is a vintage race held at NAS North Island (where I 'work') that is one of the many, many events that make up San Diego's "Fleet Week"~ which runs from late August through October. This year SpeedFest is October 6 & 7. As much as I dream it, I don't believe there will be any Studes racing. One year there was a Stude-Powered car, though!!! One new event happening this year will be the Red Bull Air Races, which I can not wait to see!!!
      You can check out all the FleetWeek activities here:
      http://www.fleetweeksandiego.org/events.html

StudeDave [8D]
      V/P San Diego County SDC
      San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
      '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
      '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
      '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
      '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
      '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

edited for content [:0]
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

[size=4][font=Comic Sans MS][b]We all need to do that!!! I'm trying to get out there more myself, honest. How 'bout the SpeedFest- you planning on going again? (DUH!!!) Maybe we can really make a showing this year... [?]

Yes, Dave I'm planning on being there, although I'll be going with my tail between my legs, as I had "promised" the sponsors that this year I'll be bringing back #3348 with a newly rebuilt R3 engine!

Since I'm now in my 16th month of waiting for that rebuild to be completed back in Ohio, that promise won't get fulfilled. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that this would take an infinite timeframe to checkout and rebuild that motor[V]

Comment

[size=4][font=Comic Sans MS][b]We all need to do that!!! I'm trying to get out there more myself, honest. How 'bout the SpeedFest- you planning on going again? (DUH!!!) Maybe we can really make a showing this year... [?]

Yes, Dave I'm planning on being there, although I'll be going with my tail between my legs, as I had "promised" the sponsors that this year I'll be bringing back #3348 with a newly rebuilt R3 engine!

Since I'm now in my 16th month of waiting for that rebuild to be completed back in Ohio, that promise won't get fulfilled. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that this would take an infinite timeframe to checkout and rebuild that motor[V]

Comment

Working...
          X