barrel bolts or!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barrel bolts or!

I can,t seam to find any info. on these little thinges that push into the holes that hold the letters like lark studebaker & ect. on the front fenders & trunk for my 63 lark, what size & who has them.sure could use some. Thanks for any help. See you in Branson. Mac.

My NAPA store has them... they have a small parts fitting binder under the counter that they turn to for them... About $5 a bag.

If yours doesn't.. PM me.
    Last edited by mmagic; 09-05-2013, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I got mine from Stude International.

Comment

It will likely help your search if you call them barrel nuts instead of bolts.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

ebay has 'em all the time. I think there are a couple of sizes, so check.

Comment

I always attach nameplates and such with clear RTV. That way, it does not chip the paint and lead to rust.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
            10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
            56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
            60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
              I always attach nameplates and such with clear RTV. That way, it does not chip the paint and lead to rust.
              Now there is an interesting idea. I would have never thought to use RTV for that application. Thanks.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Hey folks, sorry i used the wrong terminology on the barrel nuts, but what the heck, i was close, got my answer. Thanks again Mac.

Comment

Available in at least six different sizes; be certain what you need. You can probably buy just as few as necessary at any old-time body shop.

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10,
                  '51 Commander Starlight,
                  '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                  '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
                  X