X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
    As a matter of fact I did google it. All I got was a something about boeing's experimental division. Which I highly doubted is what you meant.
    Try this http://www.fantomworks.com/ It's the subject of the comments.

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    I do enjoy the show but the added Crapola for dramatic effect I could do without.....including Richard talking about drinking beer like a high schooler in example.

Leave a comment:

• GThawkwind
    replied
    Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
    let me googel that for you..

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=phantom+works+tv

Agreed..

My sister lives in Dallas and like CA, there are more than enough people there to buy into this sort of thing.
    As a matter of fact I did google it. All I got was a something about boeing's experimental division. Which I highly doubted is what you meant.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    OK so Bob I realized your pic is a Gas money garage Logo. I had no clue what this was until today. Is there a connection here? Or is it a coincidence. It seems like there name is a parody of gas money garage.
    No relation; big difference between 'money' and 'monkey'. I came up with my name long before "gas monkey" came on the scene. Just a coincidence.

I would love to meet these guys some time, and see what they think of my business name. Maybe someday. This weekend I get to meet The Count, Danny Koker- another car guy I admire.

Leave a comment:

• wittsend
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
    Interesting ebay negative feedback history.
    I agree. It seems like disgruntled buyers were "Fast N Loud" to speak of their disappointment. While 95.8 might get you an "A" in school, it is rather low for an Ebay seller.

Leave a comment:

• SScopelli
    replied
    Phantom works?
    let me googel that for you..

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=phantom+works+tv

Originally posted by 63avanti. View Post
    Not a fan of the show or their work. I Definately would not want to overpay for a car just to meet a so called "celebrity".. But it will be interesting to see how many crazies bid for the oppurtunity to meet another human being just like you or me...
    Agreed..

My sister lives in Dallas and like CA, there are more than enough people there to buy into this sort of thing.
    Last edited by SScopelli; 09-05-2013, 04:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 63avanti.
    replied
    Not a fan of the show or their work. I Definately would not want to overpay for a car just to meet a so called "celebrity".. But it will be interesting to see how many crazies bid for the oppurtunity to meet another human being just like you or me...

Leave a comment:

• GThawkwind
    replied
    Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
    I guess GasMonkey doesn't really take losing well and need to be told what "No Reserve" means..

A reserve auction, one would still have to pay a percentage premium to eBay if it did not sell..

I watched their show once and never again.

Pond Scum like him and the guy that has Phantom works are why today's boys need to become men and work on their own cars.
    Phantom works?

Leave a comment:

• SScopelli
    replied
    I guess GasMonkey doesn't really take losing well and need to be told what "No Reserve" means..

A reserve auction, one would still have to pay a percentage premium to eBay if it did not sell..

I watched their show once and never again.

Pond Scum like him and the guy that has Phantom works are why today's boys need to become men and work on their own cars.

Leave a comment:

• JimC
    replied
    Bob, a lot of these shows film stuff like this as filler segments. When the main story line for the episode can run its course in under 45 minutes, they throw a couple 3 minute bits of filler in there. Sometimes a segment will sit for months, other times it gets on air in a week. It all really comes down to production needs at the time.

Leave a comment:

• GThawkwind
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    They have been doing this for quite some time. There have been several cars they have sold that have not had the buyer appear on the show yet, so I'm sure there are some criteria that have to be met.

It would almost be worth it to buy just to make the trip to see their shop and meet them. So far, somebody is willing to overpay about $1500 for that privilege.
    OK so Bob I realized your pic is a Gas money garage Logo. I had no clue what this was until today. Is there a connection here? Or is it a coincidence. It seems like there name is a parody of gas money garage.

Leave a comment:

• GThawkwind
    replied
    I know it surprised me as well. But it's only a couple people.
    Last edited by GThawkwind; 09-05-2013, 03:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    Originally posted by JimC View Post
    Ever want to be on national TV? Apparently the boys from Gas Monkey Garage, stars of the Discovery show "Fast N Loud" have found themselves a Studebaker Lark. From the description, it looks like it's not going to be a car they do the full package restomod thing on, but they have already filmed parts of a segment on the car, and are looking to put the buyer on air as well.

The car has an interesting story, as it was purchased just to go on a cross country drive, and then sold on the owner's way to the airport. That speaks volumes to the reliable nature of these cars we love. It would sure be nice to see this car go to a club member. Maybe he could even go pick the car up in a nice SDC shirt, and get some national tv airtime for an entire club for these dependable, roadworthy classics.
    They have been doing this for quite some time. There have been several cars they have sold that have not had the buyer appear on the show yet, so I'm sure there are some criteria that have to be met.

It would almost be worth it to buy just to make the trip to see their shop and meet them. So far, somebody is willing to overpay about $1500 for that privilege.

Leave a comment:

• Doug M
    replied
    They Have a M5 in the background of their promo shot

Leave a comment:

Working...
X