Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Fast N Loud Lark

This ebay ad is interesting.

Ever want to be on national TV? Apparently the boys from Gas Monkey Garage, stars of the Discovery show "Fast N Loud" have found themselves a Studebaker Lark. From the description, it looks like it's not going to be a car they do the full package restomod thing on, but they have already filmed parts of a segment on the car, and are looking to put the buyer on air as well.

The car has an interesting story, as it was purchased just to go on a cross country drive, and then sold on the owner's way to the airport. That speaks volumes to the reliable nature of these cars we love. It would sure be nice to see this car go to a club member. Maybe he could even go pick the car up in a nice SDC shirt, and get some national tv airtime for an entire club for these dependable, roadworthy classics.
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

That's a real sturdy mount of the grasshopper on the hood. Brass grasshopper and bullet holes all available from Gas Monkey, what more could you want???
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

I think we're about to find out how much "celebrity" is worth. Cuz it looks like it has already topped out on its real world value. Now comes the shock value added to its bottom line solely for the privilege of getting some air time. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there is not value in rubbing shoulders with the likes of these guys. I love Richard and Aaron. This is the best car show on TV. The idiots on the US version of Top Gear could only WISH for the ratings Fast n Loud is raking in. I'm just wondering how much someone is willing to pay for that honor.
      sals54

Comment

Somebody already wants it more than I do. When you get past the story, it's still a 4 door that needs a lot of love. If those are real bullet holes, I wonder what they hit on the inside.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

They Have a M5 in the background of their promo shot

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
            Ever want to be on national TV? Apparently the boys from Gas Monkey Garage, stars of the Discovery show "Fast N Loud" have found themselves a Studebaker Lark. From the description, it looks like it's not going to be a car they do the full package restomod thing on, but they have already filmed parts of a segment on the car, and are looking to put the buyer on air as well.

The car has an interesting story, as it was purchased just to go on a cross country drive, and then sold on the owner's way to the airport. That speaks volumes to the reliable nature of these cars we love. It would sure be nice to see this car go to a club member. Maybe he could even go pick the car up in a nice SDC shirt, and get some national tv airtime for an entire club for these dependable, roadworthy classics.
            They have been doing this for quite some time. There have been several cars they have sold that have not had the buyer appear on the show yet, so I'm sure there are some criteria that have to be met.

It would almost be worth it to buy just to make the trip to see their shop and meet them. So far, somebody is willing to overpay about $1500 for that privilege.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Interesting ebay negative feedback history.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                I know it surprised me as well. But it's only a couple people.
                Last edited by GThawkwind; 09-05-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                  They have been doing this for quite some time. There have been several cars they have sold that have not had the buyer appear on the show yet, so I'm sure there are some criteria that have to be met.

It would almost be worth it to buy just to make the trip to see their shop and meet them. So far, somebody is willing to overpay about $1500 for that privilege.
                  OK so Bob I realized your pic is a Gas money garage Logo. I had no clue what this was until today. Is there a connection here? Or is it a coincidence. It seems like there name is a parody of gas money garage.

Comment

Bob, a lot of these shows film stuff like this as filler segments. When the main story line for the episode can run its course in under 45 minutes, they throw a couple 3 minute bits of filler in there. Sometimes a segment will sit for months, other times it gets on air in a week. It all really comes down to production needs at the time.
                    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I guess GasMonkey doesn't really take losing well and need to be told what "No Reserve" means..

A reserve auction, one would still have to pay a percentage premium to eBay if it did not sell..

I watched their show once and never again.

Pond Scum like him and the guy that has Phantom works are why today's boys need to become men and work on their own cars.

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                        I guess GasMonkey doesn't really take losing well and need to be told what "No Reserve" means..

A reserve auction, one would still have to pay a percentage premium to eBay if it did not sell..

I watched their show once and never again.

Pond Scum like him and the guy that has Phantom works are why today's boys need to become men and work on their own cars.
                        Phantom works?

Comment

Not a fan of the show or their work. I Definately would not want to overpay for a car just to meet a so called "celebrity".. But it will be interesting to see how many crazies bid for the oppurtunity to meet another human being just like you or me...

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
                            Phantom works?
                            let me googel that for you..

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=phantom+works+tv

Originally posted by 63avanti. View Post
                            Not a fan of the show or their work. I Definately would not want to overpay for a car just to meet a so called "celebrity".. But it will be interesting to see how many crazies bid for the oppurtunity to meet another human being just like you or me...
                            Agreed..

My sister lives in Dallas and like CA, there are more than enough people there to buy into this sort of thing.
                            Last edited by SScopelli; 09-05-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I agree. It seems like disgruntled buyers were "Fast N Loud" to speak of their disappointment. While 95.8 might get you an "A" in school, it is rather low for an Ebay seller.
                              '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Working...
                              X