Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swifster
    replied
    I think most hot rod wagons are '54 & '55 Conestoga's. I think early Lark's have also seen their share of modification. Not to many '56 thru '58's or '63 thru '66. I really like the Connie's, the '57's and the '64 thru '66 models. Maybe a '60 or '61...

Leave a comment:

• Nox
    replied
    Maby I will Sal, maby I will... It's just that I like the look of these smaller ones that loox so innocent, otherwise one from a Caddy would've been perfect.

I agree on the yellow being the right year, I like teeth!

Leave a comment:

• johnod
    replied
    Originally posted by sals54 View Post
    Not mine, but a picture of one I REALLLLLY like. Not exactly the right year, but.....
    O it is definitely the right year, just look at it. Beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Nox. It does appear that you have tried just about everything on that air cleaner. Perhaps its time to shop for a different vintage air cleaner ???

Leave a comment:

• shifter4
    replied
    Hit this LINK to Hemmings.
    It is on track.

http://images.hemmings.com/wp-conten...65_01_2000.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Nox
    replied
    Well Sal, I already cut out the bottom & cut down the threaded rod but as I just posted: the aircleaner housing is narrower that the carb & the filter needs some space.
    Later on I'll be on to this again... but not now.
    Here's a pic from when the TurboQuad was on, since then quite a lot more has happened but it might give you an idea.
    (I made a tunnel 4 cm's up in the housing, not much more I could've done in that case.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	StudeMop.LPG 5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	1683629

Now-a-days the whole bottom is cut out thou & the ThermoQuad is wider.

Leave a comment:

• GThawkwind
    replied
    Now that is freakin' sweet!! Glad to be back on track.

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    OK, back on track... I found this '58 Scotsman wagon...

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Again, tho guys, its not just the vintage look thats important, but it has to fit under the hood. The issue now is the fit, he already has the vintage look.
    Hey, Nox, lets see the insides of that vintage air cleaner. Can you post a pic? I was thinking you might be able to either section the air cleaner housing, or perhaps... for now, just install the lid upside down. you could cut the threaded rod and lose a couple inches of height.
    Last edited by sals54; 09-10-2013, 07:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    This is a modern LSx engine. You can make anything look 'vintage'. You'd have no problem making the 360 look like a 273.

Dan, I don't know if I like the green. I do like the silver/gray for the two-tone though.

Leave a comment:

• Dan White
    replied
    OK this is a Chevy but the Stude has a similar look so this could also be done to a '56 - 58 wagon

http://screen.yahoo.com/dale-earnhar...040000017.html

Leave a comment:

• Nox
    replied
    Oh sorry, I forgot to tell that I already did that too... some time ago, but the bad thing is that the carb is to wide compared to the filter-housing & the filter wants some room too.

& this is a bit of topic, still not a 56-58 & not a wagon either!

Leave a comment:

• Packard8
    replied
    Originally posted by Nox View Post
    Well the thing is that I wrote in an earlier posting that I don't want that kind of pipe-between-carb-&-filter, most people don't know any of it anyway & like this I think it loox older + I want the newer carb to be hidden a little.
    (There's a daily fresh pic on the Racing Studebakers forum today.)
    OK, I see where you are going. I think Sals54 idea to cut down a custom bottom and use your existing top might work out for you.

Leave a comment:

• Nox
    replied
    Well the thing is that I wrote in an earlier posting that I don't want that kind of pipe-between-carb-&-filter, most people don't know any of it anyway & like this I think it loox older + I want the newer carb to be hidden a little.
    (There's a daily fresh pic on the Racing Studebakers forum today.)

Leave a comment:

• Packard8
    replied
    Originally posted by Nox View Post
    Well thanx for the support, but I still want the engine to look really old & tame with the kind of air-cleaner I already have.
    A lower intake manifold would be great but as I first want to get the stuff out on the road & I'm without work at the moment I can't afford that & the same goes for the carb.
    So you can be sure that I wouldn't say no to to either of it but since nobody want to give it for free I guess I just have to wait...
    Or get really-really surprised...?

One can only hope!
    I think I understand the "old look" that you want. I'd consider the side mount air cleaners used on 1953-55 C/K cars...it would be period correct I think it shows off the carb well rather than hiding it like the one you have now. There are plenty of these to be had cheap, but be sure you get the one with the shorter rise on the air horn for the coupe not the sedan.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...Q9QEwAw&dur=77

Leave a comment:

Working...
X