Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT?!? One week to PSMCDR and no "roll call"????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
    Best run for the 55 was 18.04 at 74.9 MPH. Didn't get any better for the shootouts but the 65 Galaxie 390, 4 spd I was paired with broke out and was disqualified. He was a super guy, though. Had umpteen foster kids in the stands cheering us on. My biggest thrill was coming back with a much better car than I drove down. Within minutes of mentioning to Peter Sant that I didn't think my carb was opening up properly, all the SDC crew were on it. Carb came off, linkage was straightened out, gasket was being scraped and a new one prepped. Once the carb was fixed I did a run and couldn't believe the difference. So that's what a four barrel feels like?!!! A big thanks to Joe Flannery, Peter Sant, Bob Palma, Allen Anderson, Paul Revell and so many Stude folks who pitched in without hesitation. Car sounded great, looked great and went like a rocket (a 55 rocket). On the way home I cruised at 80-90 MPH effortlessly in a stock 55 Studebaker! My car # was 004 and that was still on my windows on the four lane. I musta looked like 007's retarded cousin
    Amazingly , I actually saw your run against the Ford live on the 'net .
    Your car looked great coming off of the line. The announcer was drowned out
    by the next pair doing the burnouts though , so I couldn't tell who won.
    I thought that I heard a 15.60 or so , but didn't know which car it was for.
    Good deal .
    Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Preliminary event report here:

http://racingstudebakers.com/foo/vie...p=34635#p34635
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yup. The Ford was in the 15s. I gave up 130 cubic inches and he gave up about 1000 pounds. He has been coming for about three years and always had "Pole" position (the slowest cars run first). He was glad to give up that honour this year so we shook, agreed to entertain and he happily ran over .300 sec from his qualifying time. He was a crowd pleaser.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
        X