Studebaker Swap Meets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Swap Meets

Ive heard about the york and reedsville swap meets, and plan on going to reedsville in October. Was wondering if there are any other meets in Virginia or Tennessee.

As far as I know, Reedsville and especially York are larger than any other Stude-only swap meets. Zone meets take place around the country and usually have a swap meet associated with them, too.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

I am thinking the annual swap meet during May, in South Bend has gotta be nearly as big as York or Reedsville.

Comment

Yes indeed.
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

As a vendor this is my observations. York is by far the best. Keystone has done a great job of updating and expanding the event. Often times York is larger then National events. Reedsville is a much smaller event and does not draw near the crowd or vendors as York , South Bend is somewhat smaller then York. At York I have 4 spaces and do great, Reedsville I have 2 spaces and do OK, not great. While I only have 1 space at South Bend I bring My best parts. There have been many years that I didn't cover the space cost. Why do continue to go? It is SB with the museum, Tippecanoe, which I consider to be among one of best restaurants, tours, Studebaker int and great Studebaker people. For full disclosure York fairgrounds is only 15 min from my house, but it is still the best. Just my opinion. Jerry Kurtz

Comment

There are plans in the works for a SE swap meet in SE Georgia April 11th and 12th next year.
            Jeff
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I think they should move the York swap meet down here to Lakeland... :-D
              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The Studebaker York Swap Meet started as the Keystone National Swap Meet forty years ago; the first annual and longest serving Studebaker-only swap meet. It is the GRAND OLD MAN of swap meets.
                For whatever reasons, the Reedsville meet is more intimate, attracts some different vendors, and seems to be THE swap meet for sheet metal! While still offering those items unobtainium.
                Michiana meet in May has grown tremendously and offers the additional venues of the Museum, SI and the remaining Studebaker buildings.

These are all central to east geography, reflecting the more concentrated population.

Would there be any future for a major annual swap meet to be mounted in the west? Or are these existing meets already facing a harsh future?
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10,
                '51 Commander Starlight,
                '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

September 28, 6th annual Studebaker swap meet in Menomonie Wisconsin, sponsored by the Badger Wheels Chapter.
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                    There are plans in the works for a SE swap meet in SE Georgia April 11th and 12th next year.
                    Jeff
                    Email me the details, Jeff. At least whatever details you have so far.

Comment

they need a swap for us Left Coast Studebaker owners
                      1946 Studebaker M5 1/2 ton.....Got Parts?...rear view mirror,.?
                      Studebaker Drivers Club Member
                      Learning Respect for the Power of Rust more Every Day
                      Studebaker Truck Farmer

Comment

Whatcom County Chapter of SDC has the Hovander Park car show in Ferndale, WA (this weekend) They have a swap meet.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceT View Post
                          they need a swap for us Left Coast Studebaker owners
                          I think Studebakers West does a swap meet every year.

Comment

I visited Hovander Park on vacation once. It is awesome. That barn is enormous (at least for a suburban guy).

I wish Pomona (California) would segregate what they bill as "15 Miles of Cars & Parts." VW's seem to get their area, but after that I basically recall everything else jumbled together. If you get there at 5:00AM and walk briskly you may get through the parts by 2:00PM. Last time I went I had nothing left in me to look at the cars. 8+ hours in the 98 degree heat was too much.

I think it would be great if car clubs would acquire club specific space at events such as Pomona. Its a draw for the marquee, a common meeting for members and an exposure to the general public. That way if the Ford's were "over there" and I didn't need anything "Ford," I could save a lot of footsteps. And, hey I'm a guy who walks about 20 miles a week. I'd just prefer not to do most of them at the same time - in the heat of the day.
                            '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I'll be heading up to Menomonie for the first time (No more working on Saturdays). I am planning on vending a few parts and if anyone has license plates they want restored... bring them & save postage one way! I will bring some of my custom hood supports as well. (If you want one, let me know via PM and I will put your name on it). (Avanti, early Lark, C/K supports available.)

Comment

Working...
                              X