No announcement yet.

A Gorgeous S-P Product BUT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very true on the e-bay observation, Gary. Plus, it provides a good(?) education for folks perusing the internet.

But what ever happened to all those dusty old copies of Hemmings Motor News that used to be in the drawers and bathrooms of every body shop in the country? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Very true on the e-bay observation, Gary. Plus, it provides a good(?) education for folks perusing the internet.

But what ever happened to all those dusty old copies of Hemmings Motor News that used to be in the drawers and bathrooms of every body shop in the country? BP
      Why? Are you looking for some? I have all of my copies from 1969 to 1999.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Why? Are you looking for some? I have all of my copies from 1969 to 1999.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Um....let's see....a Duesenberg would reportedly do 88 mph in second gear...
          My recollection was a supercharged SJ could do 104 in second[:0]; never experienced it myself, even in a Studebaker. My '51 won't go over 72 in second gear.

Brad Johnson
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Um....let's see....a Duesenberg would reportedly do 88 mph in second gear...
            My recollection was a supercharged SJ could do 104 in second[:0]; never experienced it myself, even in a Studebaker. My '51 won't go over 72 in second gear.

Brad Johnson
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
            X