Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

. The KAT gets Cooled . ( Avanti amt stuff )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . The KAT gets Cooled . ( Avanti amt stuff )

Never seen anything like that, but I am guessing it must be pretty old if the Kits cost 50c !
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Never seen anything like that, but I am guessing it must be pretty old if the Kits cost 50c !
      Yup. I used to get a dollar a month for an allowance.
      I would buy a model car, and a bottle of paint, and have change left over.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

the 1st model car i ever got was a '62 Corvette later in 1962 for 49 cents - plus a 10 cent tube of Testors glue - at age 7. i put it together, and waited until my next allowance for paint. i watched Rt. 66 and even though we only had a black & white TV, i "knew" it was red with white coves. i saw a color pic with Marty Milner and George Maharis much later with a blue and white '62.

that was almost as bad as finding out that Superman - with George Reeves in the B & W episodes - the suit was tan!!!

Great Caesar's Ghost!!!
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Man, what all us kats really dig is that out of all of the eight cool kits, only the Avanti was deignated as "the great". Wow, man, like that is so far out!

Thanks for the groovy post.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
          X