No announcement yet.

My Tomato (a trip to the dark side....)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did they still make 413s in '70 or did someone swap that in?

BTW I have truck envy - that's about the truck I really wanted when I started looking for one, oh well...

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel
    --
    55 Commander Starlight

Comment

did they still make 413s in '70 or did someone swap that in?

BTW I have truck envy - that's about the truck I really wanted when I started looking for one, oh well...

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Nate,

I thought that 413 production had stopped before that (except for "industrial" applications). I did notice that the data plate had all sorts of info, including the engine number if I am correct. I will check on Tuesday to see if they match.

It was right down Rt. 29 from you in Madison County at the old liquor store. They also have a bunch of other old cars, including a '49 Packard and a '70 Mercury Comet for $1,000.

Chances are that I may sell this truck later on. If I do, I will let you know.

Gary

Comment

Nate,

I thought that 413 production had stopped before that (except for "industrial" applications). I did notice that the data plate had all sorts of info, including the engine number if I am correct. I will check on Tuesday to see if they match.

It was right down Rt. 29 from you in Madison County at the old liquor store. They also have a bunch of other old cars, including a '49 Packard and a '70 Mercury Comet for $1,000.

Chances are that I may sell this truck later on. If I do, I will let you know.

Gary

Comment

Gary,

About 10 years ago, a neighbor had one of these that he'd been handed from his late father-in-law's estate. The FIL had bought it new to use when deer hunting in the Sierras.
            Well, this neighbor kept the thing just for whenever he needed a truck. Otherwise it set collecting pine needles in the driveway.[xx(]
            When my truck was down for fixing after it's wreck, Ron would let me use this Dodge if I needed to haul something. Man, what a GAS-SUCKING beast it was!!![:0][:0][:0] Believe me, I used it sparingly! Every time I wanted to use it, I had to factor in gas useage to see if I really needed to use a truck that bad![8][}] When Ron was moving away a few years later, he asked if I knew anyone that wanted the thing. I knew JUST WHO TO CALL - and a day later and $500 moola and it went to a new home.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Gary,

About 10 years ago, a neighbor had one of these that he'd been handed from his late father-in-law's estate. The FIL had bought it new to use when deer hunting in the Sierras.
              Well, this neighbor kept the thing just for whenever he needed a truck. Otherwise it set collecting pine needles in the driveway.[xx(]
              When my truck was down for fixing after it's wreck, Ron would let me use this Dodge if I needed to haul something. Man, what a GAS-SUCKING beast it was!!![:0][:0][:0] Believe me, I used it sparingly! Every time I wanted to use it, I had to factor in gas useage to see if I really needed to use a truck that bad![8][}] When Ron was moving away a few years later, he asked if I knew anyone that wanted the thing. I knew JUST WHO TO CALL - and a day later and $500 moola and it went to a new home.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have no intention of making anything of a driver out of this. I had a W-300 Power Wagon back in '81-82 with a 318 2V and it went through gas like it was going out of style. However, if you got about a ton in the 9 foot bed it would ride pretty well. When I bought it there were no rears shocks (or mounts [:0]). I had to fab some up in order to get it to pass inspection. The fellow that I sold it to still has it after 25 years, however now with a newer cab, 440 and automatic.

Drove it around a bit today as I was preparing for our tractor show in 2 weeks (and also took my IH 4x4 and '49 fire truck for a spin).

Comment

I have no intention of making anything of a driver out of this. I had a W-300 Power Wagon back in '81-82 with a 318 2V and it went through gas like it was going out of style. However, if you got about a ton in the 9 foot bed it would ride pretty well. When I bought it there were no rears shocks (or mounts [:0]). I had to fab some up in order to get it to pass inspection. The fellow that I sold it to still has it after 25 years, however now with a newer cab, 440 and automatic.

Drove it around a bit today as I was preparing for our tractor show in 2 weeks (and also took my IH 4x4 and '49 fire truck for a spin).

Comment

Working...
                  X