Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1931 president coupe ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1931-...item25820be92f

Hope someone sees this and can do something with it. Neeeds to be saved. Seller is very knowedgeable on antiqe Studebakers. Contact Rick Peterson at 626-222-9825 for more information!

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Joe and I were just talking about that car last night. It looks like a solid car for someone with the desire to fix one.
    sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Talk about a potential "fun" project! That looks like it could have been one of those high-end high-dollar cars that fell into depression era hard times. Restoration could have several possibilities, from an all-out restoration, to an example of "depression era utility modifications," rat-rod, or full modern drive train hot rod.

Either choice, done properly, there is no cheap option. However, there is enough of the car remaining for all possible options. Certainly too good to be scrapped for parts. That front bumper looks to be from an early post war Studebaker.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I guess that makes Richard Quinn's coupe twice as common as it was before- almost as common as the four seasons roadsters. Evan
        Evan Davis
        Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Here's a pic of Richard's beautiful coupe.
          Attached Files
          Evan Davis
          Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

I believe there are only 5 or 6 coupes, but probably a few dozen roadsters.

Dick Quinn's coupe is the only restored one and is for sale the last I heard.

Comment

Matthew; The number of '31 President roadsters known is 54!! Number of coupes, only 5, but realistically maybe 3 could be restored.

Click image for larger version

Name:	31 pres cpe rounded corners forum.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	1683427
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Dig that crazy front bumper!

Comment

Would there be lots of dictators, or are they somewhat limited as well?

Comment

Originally posted by oltrknut View Post
                    Would there be lots of dictators, or are they somewhat limited as well?
                    The Dictator was the small eight on the shorter wheelbase. Nice car but not the size or prestige of the larger President (or Commander). Yes, they are equally rare. The Dictator was not offered in a convertible roadster in '31 but the Coupe was offered.
                    Richard Quinn
                    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thanks Dick for the post! I have got numerous emails and even a couple of phone calls about the Coupe. Everyone likes it as they have not seen one for sale. I have talked to Dick Quinn in the past and their are not many of these around. Everyone that has contacted me has asked " why are you selling it"? I really don't want to sell it but I have no room for it. I mention in the ad on eBay that I bought 2 cars in the deal, well, the other one was a common 1931 Four Season Roadster and I wanted to,add it with my,other 3 roadsters.

Comment

Just wanted everyone that checked this post that the President Coupe has been sold. The new owner is excited and cannot wait till it gets to its new home in Oregon!
                        The Commander

Comment

Working...
                        X