No announcement yet.

Time Magazine - 50 worst cars of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of these car weren't regular production cars, which I wouldn't think should be on the list

1933 Fuller Dymaxion

Only 3 were made by Buckminister Fuller. One did kill someone in an accident, but they were never a real production car, Just a concept.Give me a break! This wasn't a real automobile, just an overgrown go cart with a body!I think I have seen pictures of this car/airplane, but still not a real production car.Of course this was a real production car and every writer loves to put it in the "worst car" column, but it wasn't any worse that any other 58 car, except maybe for the Tele-touch. It was just a huge marketing failure.

1958 Zunndapp Janus
    1966 Peel Trident

I have no idea what these are.

1975 Trabant

Even the Eastern Europeans joke about how bad there "Tribbies" were, but the Communist Party thought this was all their citizens deserved.

1985 Mosler Consulier GTP

Have no idea what this is either.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Some of these car weren't regular production cars, which I wouldn't think should be on the list

1933 Fuller Dymaxion

Only 3 were made by Buckminister Fuller. One did kill someone in an accident, but they were never a real production car, Just a concept.Give me a break! This wasn't a real automobile, just an overgrown go cart with a body!I think I have seen pictures of this car/airplane, but still not a real production car.Of course this was a real production car and every writer loves to put it in the "worst car" column, but it wasn't any worse that any other 58 car, except maybe for the Tele-touch. It was just a huge marketing failure.

1958 Zunndapp Janus
      1966 Peel Trident

I have no idea what these are.

1975 Trabant

Even the Eastern Europeans joke about how bad there "Tribbies" were, but the Communist Party thought this was all their citizens deserved.

1985 Mosler Consulier GTP

Have no idea what this is either.

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

My Vega was THE good one - 75K miles and it needed a thermostat and one axle seal. (and a change of seats, but I am a bit big. Opel ones did it.)
        With just a bit of tasteful decoration, it looked a lot like a Camero hatchback. The 2-spd AT (for wife) was the major drawback.

I had to fabricate my own glove-box, come to think of it.

Karl H.

Comment

My Vega was THE good one - 75K miles and it needed a thermostat and one axle seal. (and a change of seats, but I am a bit big. Opel ones did it.)
          With just a bit of tasteful decoration, it looked a lot like a Camero hatchback. The 2-spd AT (for wife) was the major drawback.

I had to fabricate my own glove-box, come to think of it.

Karl H.

Comment

yet another "opinion" based on lots of speculation, not much backing things up. They rip the Crosley hotshot, OK, maybe not a great car, but they rip on the engine falling apart. Initially they had problems, but quickly rectified, and that engine went on to live life in everything from military generators, farm vehicles, midget racers, etc. Plus they (Crosley) had some innovations: how about a small American car (way before their time), OHC with bucket/shim design, hydraulic disc brakes......

Comment

yet another "opinion" based on lots of speculation, not much backing things up. They rip the Crosley hotshot, OK, maybe not a great car, but they rip on the engine falling apart. Initially they had problems, but quickly rectified, and that engine went on to live life in everything from military generators, farm vehicles, midget racers, etc. Plus they (Crosley) had some innovations: how about a small American car (way before their time), OHC with bucket/shim design, hydraulic disc brakes......

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Having owned a couple of Explorer's, I was surprised to see it on the list. Turns out it was included not because there was antything wrong with the vehicle, but because it caused soccer mons to buy it because they liked to sit up high and contributed to the SUV craze. How does that make it the worst of all time (expecially since the Vega was't included)?????? [xx(]
                Okay, he's an automotive idiot with a political axe to grind.
                Welcome to journalism in the 21st Century!

63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Having owned a couple of Explorer's, I was surprised to see it on the list. Turns out it was included not because there was antything wrong with the vehicle, but because it caused soccer mons to buy it because they liked to sit up high and contributed to the SUV craze. How does that make it the worst of all time (expecially since the Vega was't included)?????? [xx(]
                  Okay, he's an automotive idiot with a political axe to grind.
                  Welcome to journalism in the 21st Century!

63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                  X