Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The truck is done! Except for the hood ornament .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truck is done! Except for the hood ornament .

Well, my wife's E7 is done. Still waiting on the hood ornament from George Iverson, but it's been shipped--all we have to do is paint the "8" red on it, bolt it on and we're good to go. After 4 1/2 months off the road, this truck will be back in daily service as of Monday!!! It's almost TOO nice to be a daily driver!

The interior was done to my wife's specs. Leather with a Pendelton Indian Blanket insert on the back and the famous "Studebaker Thunderbird" painted on the glovebox door. Plus, she wanted RED sun visors, so there they are! I think the truck turned out fantastic-- my wife's from Tucson and this is the Studebaker truck she's always wanted-- it's her "Arizona Desert Truck."

Check out the last pic--it's the frame rail mounted dual master cylinder with booster! It fits! Barely! But it fits and works REALLY well!!

She's a beauty![][8D] 'Course I'm biased towards trucks anyway.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>

Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander
    Zone Coordinator
    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

She's a beauty![][8D] 'Course I'm biased towards trucks anyway.

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      3E-6/7-122
      </h5>

Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander
      Zone Coordinator
      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

VERY nice, Alan. Congrats. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

VERY nice, Alan. Congrats. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I like the seat. This seat makes the truck look more like the owner wants it to be, march to a different drum. If its a driver it should reflect the owners wishes. After a car or truck is sold by dealer it is changed by most owners over time to reflect the owners personel style . Now its big chrome wheels and tires, Before it was mag wheels, before that it was chrome wheels.baby moons skitrs al of these reflect the owners view of what is right for them. Nice truck.

Comment

I like the seat. This seat makes the truck look more like the owner wants it to be, march to a different drum. If its a driver it should reflect the owners wishes. After a car or truck is sold by dealer it is changed by most owners over time to reflect the owners personel style . Now its big chrome wheels and tires, Before it was mag wheels, before that it was chrome wheels.baby moons skitrs al of these reflect the owners view of what is right for them. Nice truck.

Comment

I love the 'Pendleton' seat. That blanket probably cost more than the equivalent yardage of top grain leather!

Dwain G.

Comment

I love the 'Pendleton' seat. That blanket probably cost more than the equivalent yardage of top grain leather!

Dwain G.

Comment

Wow, Allan. Thanks for all the photos!

Hey, it looks like the front of the headliner tucks underneath that metal edge, rather than riding outside of it. Do you know if that's the factory way? I couldn't tell when messing with installing my headliner (old one was long gone). Anybody know?

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon
                    Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
                    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Wow, Allan. Thanks for all the photos!

Hey, it looks like the front of the headliner tucks underneath that metal edge, rather than riding outside of it. Do you know if that's the factory way? I couldn't tell when messing with installing my headliner (old one was long gone). Anybody know?

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                      The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                      The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

AWESOME TRUCK! wish it was in my garage, you have done a great job on it you should be proud.

Randy_G
                        1959 Lark Sedan
                        www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

AWESOME TRUCK! wish it was in my garage, you have done a great job on it you should be proud.

Randy_G
                          1959 Lark Sedan
                          www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Allan Songer

I think the truck turned out fantastic-- my wife's from Tucson and this is the Studebaker truck she's always wanted-- it's her "Arizona Desert Truck."
                            It's not the truck I want like that (already have one), but a wife like that!! They are harder to find than the truck![:0]

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Allan Songer

I think the truck turned out fantastic-- my wife's from Tucson and this is the Studebaker truck she's always wanted-- it's her "Arizona Desert Truck."
                              It's not the truck I want like that (already have one), but a wife like that!! They are harder to find than the truck![:0]

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X