September Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Turning Wheels

As noted in another thread "Beating a dead horse", I've commenced a new thread here in order to keep comments relative to the actual month of Turning Wheels.

Just so everyone knows, the September issue was mailed a few days ago so some of you have already received it. For the record, SDC policy requires that Turning Wheels content is to be received by the printer in time for mailing by the 15th of the month preceding the publishing date, i.e. September issue gets mailed by August 15th. We know that there have been many inconsistencies in this regard in the past and there have been many reasons for these inconsistencies. National Director Cliff Tattersall has been working diligently to try and get us back on track.

A Publications Committee is being established to work with all those concerned with the production of Turning Wheels and I sincerely hope that, in time, they will be able to comply with the magical date of the 15th. From a standpoint of chapter activities listed in "What's Happening" there's little point in showing activities that have already occurred before TW is received. The same concern applies to our advertisers who have paid good money to advertise products that may be time-oriented, such as ads promoting Christmas purchasing.

Now that you've heard the rest of the story, please use this thread to keep everyone up to date.

Stu Chapman

I, and my neighbor, received ours today in south Central Pa. Stu. Again, in the same Postal District, and less than 50 miles from the mailing point. My boss is looking into this, but a logical explanation is not expected.
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

got my TW on Friday 8/23. good job, all!!!
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

One point that Canadian and International members should be aware of is that your September Turning Wheels will be delivered in paper envelopes rather than in the new plastic sleeves. The October issue will go back to the plastic version.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Just reporting in; August 27th mail has arrived sans Turning Wheels. Los Angeles area.
          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
          '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Still waiting for August issue!

Chris.

Comment

Got my September issue Saturday.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

No august or september!!!
                Tom McCaffrey

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                  One point that Canadian and International members should be aware of is that your September Turning Wheels will be delivered in paper envelopes rather than in the new plastic sleeves. The October issue will go back to the plastic version.

Stu Chapman
                  Hello Stu,
                  As far as I'm concerned, the type of envelopes has already changed serveral times from plastic to paper or vice-versa. Happily, TW has always arrived in good shape.
                  Nice day to all.
                  sigpic

Comment

August issue arrived last week in very good condition.
                    sigpic

Comment

Received yesterday. On page 42 in the About cover photos there is a mention of a fund raiser for restoration of the Studebaker trees and see article on page 41, but that's in not whats on 41. Still have not found the article yet.
                      sigpic
                      '89 Ford Festiva
                      '90 Ford F250 4x4
                      '14 Kia Rio
                      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

As a point of information, I received my Sept. issue of Turning Wheels yesterday, August 27th in great condition. I usually receive my copy the last week of each month.
                        Rog
                        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

My issue was in the mailbox a couple days ago. I'm a happy camper!

In other news, I think as a club, we need to be patient for a while. Art Unger kind of carried the world on his shoulders, or at least the Studebaker world. Considering his role in Turning Wheels all these years, if we're only missing due dates for a couple months, I would personally call that highly impressive.

If I thought it would be considered or that it wouldn't be a logistical nightmare, I'd offer to help Ann. One of my long time dreams has been to manage a magazine. As it is, I have enough on my plate to keep me busy anyhow.

Bottom line, let's give it some time before we get too bent out of shape. There are a lot of changes right now, and someone who only had half the work not long ago now has the whole load. It's not an easy job!
                          Last edited by JimC; 08-28-2013, 04:57 PM. Reason: typos
                          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

JimC, well said!

Rog
                            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                            Smithtown,NY
                            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I am a lot closer to the mailing point (Pennsylvania) than many people that have received their TW. As of today's mail, I have not received TW. I spoke to the mail person this afternoon. My regular mail person is on vacation.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X