Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Licensed and Insured - Finally!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Beautiful car, Dick. You have done well by it.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

    Comment


    • #17
      Dick,I never noticed this before when looking.who "did you ?" and how was the dash covered exactly ?
      Joseph R. Zeiger

      Comment


      • #18
        Dick, I've been waiting to see all the pix on this car. What a beauty! It's up to your usual high standards, for sure What a beauty!

        Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

        Comment


        • #19
          Dick
          Great job on the SR wagon! I'm impressed with your attention to detail. I am envious as I had to start with a wagon that had some rust issues. Congrats!
          Rob in PA.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
            Dick,I never noticed this before when looking.who "did you ?" and how was the dash covered exactly ?
            Joe,
            The short answer is "I don't know". The recovered dash (in black) came with the car. Hopefully if Pat is still in the country he can chime in and let you know who and how the dash was covered. You can see the stitching where it was seamed, so it would most likely loose points in judging, but with the shortage of good '63 dashes (and glove boxes), this would be a small price to pay (IMHO).
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

            Comment


            • #21
              Dick, I like the looks of it "guess the stitching is what caught my eye"
              Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
              Joe,
              The short answer is "I don't know". The recovered dash (in black) came with the car. Hopefully if Pat is still in the country he can chime in and let you know who and how the dash was covered. You can see the stitching where it was seamed, so it would most likely loose points in judging, but with the shortage of good '63 dashes (and glove boxes), this would be a small price to pay (IMHO).
              Joseph R. Zeiger

              Comment


              • #22
                Fantastic work! Of course, from your past work...expectations are high as well. Many folks get someone's unfinished project and it's all down hill from there. Not you...and the pics give testimony to that fact.

                One other observation...look at how quick this thread has run up so many responses! Even after all the back and forth in some rather heated discussions on the stove huggers portion of the forum. It gives testament to this Studebaker family and illuminates what unites us over any petty opinions we have on other subjects. It certainly assures us that we all enjoy and appreciate skillful care and preservation of these wonderful relics over all else. Let's keep that momentum in mind as much as we can. These threads are what makes it so much fun.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

                SDC member since 1975

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by jclary View Post

                  One other observation...look at how quick this thread has run up so many responses! Even after all the back and forth in some rather heated discussions on the stove huggers portion of the forum. It gives testament to this Studebaker family and illuminates what unites us over any petty opinions we have on other subjects. It certainly assures us that we all enjoy and appreciate skillful care and preservation of these wonderful relics over all else. Let's keep that momentum in mind as much as we can. These threads are what makes it so much fun.
                  Thanks, John. I was trying to find a way to say what you said, but I could not have said it as well.
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Very nice job Mr. Steinkamp, (as usual).
                    That is one sweet car you have there!

                    Dean.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Congrats Dick! A great looking Wagonaire that's come a long way. I was starting to wonder how it was going... seems a long time ago that I stopped by for a peek. Maybe you'll have it at the Bell's in a couple of weeks??
                      Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander
                      Zone Coordinator
                      Pacific Can-Am Zone

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
                        Congrats Dick! A great looking Wagonaire that's come a long way. I was starting to wonder how it was going... seems a long time ago that I stopped by for a peek. Maybe you'll have it at the Bell's in a couple of weeks??
                        Mark,
                        I saw your Transtar at Brian's today. Looking as sharp as ever! Yours is one of my favorite Stude trucks of all time.

                        I saw your Commander when it was first delivered to Brian's and followed the engine rebuild. That's a pretty special car and quite representative of what Studebaker was all about since the beginning. You'll have fun with that one!
                        Last edited by Dick Steinkamp; 08-26-2013, 08:33 PM.
                        Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by jclary View Post
                          Fantastic work! Of course, from your past work...expectations are high as well. Many folks get someone's unfinished project and it's all down hill from there. Not you...and the pics give testimony to that fact.

                          One other observation...look at how quick this thread has run up so many responses! Even after all the back and forth in some rather heated discussions on the stove huggers portion of the forum. It gives testament to this Studebaker family and illuminates what unites us over any petty opinions we have on other subjects. It certainly assures us that we all enjoy and appreciate skillful care and preservation of these wonderful relics over all else. Let's keep that momentum in mind as much as we can. These threads are what makes it so much fun.
                          Thanks, John, and everyone for their kudos and encouragement. It does help motivate me.

                          As Dave said...you hit the nail on the head with your comment about what this site is all about. Hopefully others will post THEIR projects more often and be encouraged by the feedback they get here.

                          I like the series that mmagic is posting. Inspiration for all of us to get out in the garage and just do it!
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Dick; What could I add to what has been said already? It is always a thrill to behold one of your cars on which you have put the Steinkamp label! The highest compliment I've read is Studedude's statement about your ability to take someone's uncompleted project and make it your own. You have a TOUCH with any project I've seen and I envy your ability. This may be a selfish compliment, but I hope for the hobby's sake you have a few more 'projects' in you. Bless you, man.

                            Frank Drumheller
                            Locust Grove, VA
                            60S-W6
                            M16-52 '48 Studebaker-Boyer fire truck
                            Last edited by studelark; 08-27-2013, 05:26 PM. Reason: Typo

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                              Mark,
                              I saw your Transtar at Brian's today. Looking as sharp as ever! Your's is one of my favorite Stude trucks of all time.

                              I saw your Commander when it was first delivered to Brian's and followed the engine rebuild. That's a pretty special car and quite representative of what Studebaker was all about since the beginning. You'll have fun with that one!
                              Thanks Dick... appreciate your comments - yes the Transtar continues to be a keeper, I am looking forward to picking it up in a couple of weeks. The Commander will be a longer project, but at least it's a driver while the cosmetics proceed (slowly).
                              Mark Hayden
                              '66 Commander
                              Zone Coordinator
                              Pacific Can-Am Zone

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Lookin' good Dick!!!
                                I also hope to see this ride at either the Bell's place or the following day at our show.
                                I ought to be back in the State by then~ See ya there!!!
                                StudeDave '57
                                US Navy (retired)

                                3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                                SDC Member since 1985

                                past President
                                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                                San Diego Chapter SDC

                                past Vice President
                                San Diego Chapter SDC
                                North Florida Chapter SDC

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X