Starlight Interiors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starlight Interiors?

Does anyone know if they are still in business? I filled out the form and sent from my work email a little over two months ago. After waiting 5 weeks I went ahead and resent their form from my home email thinking maybe a spam filter blocked my work account. I know their site says they will most likely take 2-3 weeks to respond but I am thinking I should of heard something by now.

I have an interior set coming from them as we speak.....Inquired a couple of months ago, their response was ~ 2weeks. Contacted me with availability and prices and should be here ....today or tomorrow......

Comment

Hmmm I wonder what I am doing wrong then

Comment

I must be doing something wrong too, after two requests starting two months ago via their form, I got an email saying they thought they had everything and would get back to me in about 4 days. That was 4 weeks ago, and even though I've tried to make contact, now I'm getting no response.
        sigpic
        JohnP, driving & reviving
        60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

I sent an email to them without the form attached just in case spam is filtering it. Does anyone know of another route to take if I never hear from them?

Comment

For those not in the know, the couple running this are school teachers, and this first part of the school year is the busiest time of year for teachers. I have q request pending as well. Give them a little time, and maybe a friendly email every couple weeks to let them know you're still around. They'll get to you.
            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
              For those not in the know, the couple running this are school teachers, ...
              You beat me to the mention, Jim. One group even more worthy of our appreciation than our Studebaker vendors is those who teach our children.
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                You beat me to the mention, Jim. One group even more worthy of our appreciation than our Studebaker vendors is those who teach our children.
                And they do both. That puts them near the border of sainthood, right?

Comment

For your best seat work find a local shop , check their work and if ok have them do your seats. In the long run you will be way happier with the end results. There's a lot of little things to putting on a seat cover on old seats that you just cant do yourself and make it look like it should. Leave it to the people that know.

Comment

Just give 'em time. I'll admit that I wish they could/would do something to speed up response time, and I'm waiting to hear back about an interior myself; but Will is a good guy and I'll give him time because I know this time of year is nuts for a teacher. Besides that it's not like I don't have all winter before show season starts, and I'm just getting ready to prep my car from paint so I won't need the interior pieces for quite a while yet. In my eyes his students can come first. My Lark's seats aren't that pressing at the moment.
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Do these guys actually do the work or do they just turn your order over to one of the seat upholstery aftermarket factories? cheers jimmijim Get ahold of Jim Lawrence FBN Upholstery. New Martinsville Wv. for nicer than nice fairly priced work.
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Jim-

They are the people who bought all the NOS door panels and seat covers from when SASCO closed. When you order from Will and Lori, they physically go to their warehouse, pick the stuff out of the collection, and mail it to you.

Comment

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...der)-(Starlite)

Comment

I spoke to Will the other day. He and his wife are well and working hard. If you want to work with an honest couple you couldn't ask for a better pair. I am still waiting for some stuff from them but I am quite sure "in time" I will receive a call or email telling me that everything is ready. I bought a panel and rear seat cover from them in Colorado Springs that I had ordered, it took a while for them to reply when I first ordered it but no problem with the product.
                            sigpic
                            55 President Deluxe
                            64 Commander
                            66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

I am in no rush at all and am willing to way but I have not heard anything in over two months which is why I was wondering if they are still in business. Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                              X