X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '66Commander
    replied
    Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
    At that point I'll be 102-years-old. Will plan on joining you at the 2052 SDC International!
    Haha I will see you there. Hopefully by that time I'll have more then one Studebaker

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
    My grandson is in his 3rd week of first grade here and at 6 &1/2 yrs old he is already talking about getting his drivers license & "Pop-Pop" giving him a Studebaker! Kids are getting smarter every year, aren't they!!
    That is awesome. He already has a good taste in cars!

Leave a comment:

• paintim613
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderations View Post
    I hope the October show is the Zone Meet in Mesa. Hope to see you there.
    Yes, we will be in Mesa for the Zone Meet as a modified, Studebaker powered entry. See you there.

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    My grandson is in his 3rd week of first grade here and at 6 &1/2 yrs old he is already talking about getting his drivers license & "Pop-Pop" giving him a Studebaker! Kids are getting smarter every year, aren't they!!

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by '66Commander View Post
    I hope that in 39 years I can say the same.
    At that point I'll be 102-years-old. Will plan on joining you at the 2052 SDC International!

Leave a comment:

• STUDEMAC
    replied
    Good luck. Back when I had my 64 corvair I drove it one day to school. I parked in the principals spot so no one would hit it. The principal didn't think it was quite the good idea to park there as i did but lucky for me he liked the car so I got away with it. Now I'm stude shopping and in my second year of college

Leave a comment:

• thunderations
    replied
    I hope the October show is the Zone Meet in Mesa. Hope to see you there.
    Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
    Yesterday was the first time I wasn't teaching in a math classroom since 1967 as I finally retired this last June 15. Now we have more time to drive and show our Stude than ever. Four AZ shows on our schedule in September and October. Halleluah!

Leave a comment:

• '66Commander
    replied
    That sounds amazing.

Leave a comment:

• paintim613
    replied
    Yesterday was the first time I wasn't teaching in a math classroom since 1967 as I finally retired this last June 15. Now we have more time to drive and show our Stude than ever. Four AZ shows on our schedule in September and October. Halleluah!

Leave a comment:

• '66Commander
    replied
    Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
    I remember watching all the Fords, Chevs and Dodges in my high school parking lot and swearing I would be different. Anybody can drive a Detroit built car. Fell in love with a Studebaker and 40 some years later, I'm still driving a Studebaker. Go for it!
    I hope that in 39 years I can say the same. It would be wonderful if my Commander makes it that long. I'm gonna do my best to keep a heart beat in it as long as there is a heartbeat in me.

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
    Good luck in school. A Studebaker will definitely stand out in the crowd!
    In all my years of high school I drove my Studebaker only one time to class, and it wasn't even technically to the school. The second half of my senior year my only class was advanced building trades for half the day. I drove my '40 out to the job site one of the days we were out there. I would NEVER drive it to the main school building because the parking lot was somewhere that I couldn't keep an eye on it. Now I'm waiting for the Fire Dept. to call me so I can start school for that...
    Thank you.
    All of the parking lots here are out of my sight. However I'm able to park in a parking garage that has cameras. So if I can't have a constant eye on it, but cameras will.
    Good luck with the fire dept. Hopefully they'll call you soon.

What I love is that there are other old cars that will park up here. I've seem an Imperial, Hudson, Plymouth, Cadillac, and a number of others. I've forgotten what they were.
    But not another Studebaker.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Dresbach
    replied
    Good luck in school. A Studebaker will definitely stand out in the crowd!
    In all my years of high school I drove my Studebaker only one time to class, and it wasn't even technically to the school. The second half of my senior year my only class was advanced building trades for half the day. I drove my '40 out to the job site one of the days we were out there. I would NEVER drive it to the main school building because the parking lot was somewhere that I couldn't keep an eye on it. Now I'm waiting for the Fire Dept. to call me so I can start school for that...

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    I remember watching all the Fords, Chevs and Dodges in my high school parking lot and swearing I would be different. Anybody can drive a Detroit built car. Fell in love with a Studebaker and 40 some years later, I'm still driving a Studebaker. Go for it!

Leave a comment:

• '66Commander
    replied
    Ha I will definitely take the opportunity to enjoy while I can.
    I definitely enjoy college in the long run, I just don't want to start back up again haha.
    Oooh, that's gorgeous! I haven't really been disappointed with Studebaker's look, other then the XUV.

I'm really happy I caught the Studebaker fever. Much like most of my generation, I had no idea what Studebaker is. But then it was love at first site. Plus they have such a rich history. And thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    Enjoy getting back to school. There will come a time in your life when you will wish you COULD go back to school. It will be a whole lot more fun in retrospect. As for driving your car to school, when I was in high school I drove a gold 1955 Commander Coupe with a high performance Studebaker 289 engine. This was in the late '60s. I earned respect on the streets of my town and no one gave me any guff.
    I really like the idea that you want to spread the word about Studebakers to your generation. That is very important in our efforts to keep the Marque alive and on the roads. Keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• '66Commander
    started a topic School is startin up.

School is startin up.

Well, unfortunately it is time to start going to classes again. However, I will be driving to school everyday. And that will hopefully give me the opportunity to share the glory that is Studebaker with my generation.

Now I just hope no one hits it. Its a high traffic school.
Working...
X