No announcement yet.

1957 studebaker transtar

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1957 studebaker transtar

    I bought a 1957 transtar pickup on bill of sale in Missouri can I get title some how...dose any one know how ???? email

  • #2
    Contact your Missouri DMV.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers


    • #3
      This problem has been discussed many times, so it might be worthwhile to try the search function for words like title. A lot depends on your DMV and its local office. Many states are very strict, while others grant a lot of local authority. Some states have a procedure whereby you post a bond to prove that the vehicle wasn't stolen, which is returned to you after a period of time if no reports of theft appear. Some states require a police inspection of the VIN plate, but most do not. There are companies like Broadway Title that will provide you with a title, but their paperword is not accepted by some states, and they are pricey.
      Skip Lackie


      • #4
        MO has an abandoned vehicle/salvage title system in place like many other states. This link will give you a clue as to the process in MO. It is usually more a pain than an impossibility. Think of it as removing one more frozen door bolt!