No announcement yet.

Survivor GT in NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm done bidding, the car is 10K plus from being nice, and front fenders aren't cheap.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    64 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Scotsman
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm done bidding, the car is 10K plus from being nice, and front fenders aren't cheap.

JDP/Maryland
      64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
      64 GT R2
      63 Lark 2 door
      58 Scotsman
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wpsrea

Hey Bob, Going to Disney next week? We may be going up in the next couple of weeks.Don't mean to rub it in but Florida residents do get annual passports on the cheap. Wayne
        You bet- I have to bring some money to a good friend, a Mr. M. Mouse We'll be there Sat. afternoon 9/15 till the following Sunday[^]

We're into the whole deal- DVC, annual passes, etc. Doing the Dining plan this time, though; room (onsite), admissions, all meals for a week for $445/person-TOTAL[:0] That's what brings us down during hurricane season the last few years[8D]
        Also got direct flight from Syracuse, NY to MCO (Orlando) for $129 round-trip each! Bringing the in-laws this time- son (17) didn't want to go; wants to wait till our usual Feb. trip...

P.S. Know what "MCO" means?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wpsrea

Hey Bob, Going to Disney next week? We may be going up in the next couple of weeks.Don't mean to rub it in but Florida residents do get annual passports on the cheap. Wayne
          You bet- I have to bring some money to a good friend, a Mr. M. Mouse We'll be there Sat. afternoon 9/15 till the following Sunday[^]

We're into the whole deal- DVC, annual passes, etc. Doing the Dining plan this time, though; room (onsite), admissions, all meals for a week for $445/person-TOTAL[:0] That's what brings us down during hurricane season the last few years[8D]
          Also got direct flight from Syracuse, NY to MCO (Orlando) for $129 round-trip each! Bringing the in-laws this time- son (17) didn't want to go; wants to wait till our usual Feb. trip...

P.S. Know what "MCO" means?

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

How about McCoy AFB.

Mike

got my '59 Lark

Comment

How about McCoy AFB.

Mike

got my '59 Lark

Comment

It's right @ $15 grand, and the reserve isn't met. Bob you still in the hunt?

Randy_G
                1959 Lark Sedan
                www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

It's right @ $15 grand, and the reserve isn't met. Bob you still in the hunt?

Randy_G
                  1959 Lark Sedan
                  www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Low mileage is nice, but I'd prefer a 100K mile solid car. Either of the forum member R2's are much nicer cars.

JDP/Maryland
                    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                    64 GT R2
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    58 Scotsman
                    52 & 53 Starliner
                    51 Commander
                    39 Coupe express
                    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Low mileage is nice, but I'd prefer a 100K mile solid car. Either of the forum member R2's are much nicer cars.

JDP/Maryland
                      64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                      64 GT R2
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      58 Scotsman
                      52 & 53 Starliner
                      51 Commander
                      39 Coupe express
                      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm thinking hard about it. Two things that interested me in this one:

1. It's a survivor- which is very attractive if it's in really good shape

2. It's not far from me, which means I can easily go and examine it in person- a BIG advantage.

The Studes I currently have are my hobby-quality cars. This one would be an investment car, like my Lincoln Conv. That means it would be preserved and maintained, and driven in nice weather. My new building will give me more climate-proof stalls.

Some buy 401Ks or the like; I have conventional investments too. This is a supplement!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I'm thinking hard about it. Two things that interested me in this one:

1. It's a survivor- which is very attractive if it's in really good shape

2. It's not far from me, which means I can easily go and examine it in person- a BIG advantage.

The Studes I currently have are my hobby-quality cars. This one would be an investment car, like my Lincoln Conv. That means it would be preserved and maintained, and driven in nice weather. My new building will give me more climate-proof stalls.

Some buy 401Ks or the like; I have conventional investments too. This is a supplement!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by MikeWay

How about McCoy AFB.
                            You are correct[^] Which is what the Orlando airport was derived from.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by MikeWay

How about McCoy AFB.
                              You are correct[^] Which is what the Orlando airport was derived from.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Update:

Turns out this car is about 2 hrs. from me. Wasn't able to get down to see it before my vacation, so I didn't bid further...

Still debating contacting the seller about it, but am leaning towards not; after all, I AM mostly a Lark guy

And, you never know when a really nice Lark will surface......

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                                X