No announcement yet.

Does anyone else see Studebaker here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I at first laughed at the thought.......but taking a second look at the emblem and grill side scoops, from a long distance, there Is something............................!

Comment

I own a bullet nose and see no resemblance. Have no interest in electric or hybrid cars so i try not to stare too hard at them... Just my opinion though.
      Last edited by 63avanti.; 08-22-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Uh, no.............. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'm sorry to tell you but you failed the vehicular rorschach test. There is a treatment center for this. Two weeks and a couple of weekend "follow-ups."

Don't feel bad, I see Chrysler Newport in the front of my '64 Daytona and Chevy Nova in the tail lights. I doubt many others do.
          '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

No, you're hallucinating again.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

It resembles this '54 Taunus than anything else: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=taunus

Craig

Comment

Boy Pat, The forum has been pretty tough on you tonight (but we still love ya!). PS Is it the medical type?
                Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                Pat, What you been smoking?
                Lou Van Anne
                62 Champ
                64 R2 GT Hawk
                79 Avanti II

Comment

You know I was gonna say how ridiculous and offensive this is to me but........ I would feel really bad jumping on the band wagon considering how nice you've been to me thus far.
                  I think you need to keep the garage open next time you use Lark shine on STU COOL, I think those fumes might be doin' something to your head.

Comment

The Prius not so much, but the '07 to '11 Camrys kinda do.

Comment

Well, maybe my imagination is running wild. No wacky weed, fumes or incoholic booverages involved. But I do take some comfort that at least one or two other folks see the similarities, no matter how vague.
                      Pat Dilling
                      Olivehurst, CA
                      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I can see it a little bit, but you know what vehicle has, at least to me, and unmistakable Studebaker Styling cue? The 2011 and 2012 GMC Acadia!

Here's the Acadia tail light:

Click image for larger version

Name:	11-6430-00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	1683333

Note the round middle section.

And here's a tail light from a '63 lark:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1353620.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1683334

Say what you will, but every time I pull up behind one of these Acadias, I just want to pop in low gear, blast by them, and stop in front of them at the next light so they can see where their car got it's good looks!
                        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                          I can see it a little bit, but you know what vehicle has, at least to me, and unmistakable Studebaker Styling cue? The 2011 and 2012 GMC Acadia!
                          Indeed! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=acadia

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=acadia

Craig

Comment

From 2007...

Noticed it in 2007...

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=Acadia
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Craig,

I've said it before, and I always mean it sincerely, but your ability to find and cross-reference posts on this site using the search functionality is truly impressive.

I'm going to be so sad if I find out that you're a Google bot
                              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Sorry I dont see any resemblance at all.

When I see a Prius, I see what I consider to be everything that I feel is wrong with automotive design today. The car is a complete and total eye sore and I feel embarrassment and pity for those who drive them. The Prius, to me, marks the end of the automotive culture and the beginning of mobile appliances. Sadly, I have been seeing a trend towards the ugly these days as people dont look at cars as a work of art like they used to. Now its all about function not form.

Studebaker on the other hand pushed the envelope in design form and function.

Comment

Working...
                                X