Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for all your help! - Waiting on Delivery of my first Hawk...Tahiti Coral 1959

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll have fun with this one......What a nice looking Hawk!

Comment

Her's a few full res photosClick image for larger version

Name:	Coral 1959 Hawk Side SDC.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1683324Click image for larger version

Name:	Coral 1959 Hawk Front three quarter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1683326Click image for larger version

Name:	Coral 1959 Hawk Rear 1959 plate.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1683328Click image for larger version

Name:	Coral 1959 Hawk Right Front.jpg
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1683325Click image for larger version

Name:	Coral 1959 Hawk Right Fin.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1683327Click image for larger version

Name:	Coral 1959 Hawk Interior Dash Right.jpg
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	1683323

Comment

Peg says it should be to me on Thursday - can't wait!

Comment

Nice looking Hawk, hope you enjoy it as much as mine, including the AC!

Comment

Beautiful car, Phil; congratulations! It sounds like you have the usual laundry list of minor/inconsequential details to work out, but none should be cause for concern. The only item on the list that caught my attention was the brakes; you might want to have them immediately flushed and wheel cylinders checked for smooth operation. That, more than anything, could pose a safety concern, and the service (should you choose to have someone else do it) shouldn't cost more than a couple-hundred. They could grease up the hand-brake cable and sheathe for you while they're at it

Again, congratulations on a beautiful car! I've only ever driven one Hawk in my life, but it was a wonderful experience. One day maybe I'll trade up

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice looking car. Sounds like Don is a real stand up guy. Most sellers would have let you find things out for yourself instead of describing shortcomings. Have fun!

Bish
              sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
              1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
              1959 4E2 4spd, TT
              1963 8E28 GSA order
              1963 8E5 SOLD!
              1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
                Nice looking car. Sounds like Don is a real stand up guy. Most sellers would have let you find things out for yourself instead of describing shortcomings. Have fun!

Bish
                He is indeed a nice fellow. I think that the Hawk is near and dear to his heart, and he's glad to see it go to a new home.

Comment

Originally posted by Washtubman View Post
                  Nice looking Hawk, hope you enjoy it as much as mine, including the AC!
                  The AC is what tipped it for me. Unlike northern climates where (at least, once the heart of summer passes) AC is not needed, a car in mid-Florida needs AC - no matter the time of year!

Comment

Don send me some nice pictures of the Hawk beginning its trip...Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4325.jpg
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	1683454Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4332.jpg
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	1683455Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4340.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1683456

Comment

Some time early last week,I saw that truck and your car,near Buffalo Iowa! It was pulling into an Insurance auction lot,on rt 22.He was probably there to pick up another vehicle or two to keep your car company,or was dropping off a wreck he had on the front of the semi...
                      Looked like a great car and at the time I wished i could have taken the time to stop to "inspect it"!!
                      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Originally posted by 52hawk View Post
                        Some time early last week,I saw that truck and your car,near Buffalo Iowa! It was pulling into an Insurance auction lot,on rt 22.He was probably there to pick up another vehicle or two to keep your car company,or was dropping off a wreck he had on the front of the semi...
                        Looked like a great car and at the time I wished i could have taken the time to stop to "inspect it"!!
                        Way cool story - what are the odds?

Comment

Knowing Don, I am sure he shed some tears watching his baby leave! Now if I could interest a local guy (or gal) into purchasing the Golden Hawk he has for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by pbrown View Post
                            Way cool story - what are the odds?
                            That's what I thought! The truck driver turned left in front of me,[4 lane divided highway] I was at least 1/2 mile away,and i knew I saw a Hawk-thought no,can't be. But my favorite part of the car was very clear: the roof line! I thought,well if it's not a Hawk,what the heck? As i slowed down and passed by,I was looking for damage on the car.
                            I thought maybe somebody totaled it,and it was going to be sold at auction. I got to actually see all 4 corners,then I realized the car was just on for the ride,to location unknown. Now i know where it was going.
                            Congrats on the purchase,I'm sure you'll enjoy it! [It's an eye catcher for sure!]
                            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
                            X