Rockne question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockne question

Would anyone have a photo of a (lack of the proper word or description) radiator support or whatever its called in those days? The piece or pieces that tie the front fenders, headlamps, radiator, hood panels and grille shell all together. It would be much appreciated.
    sigpic

Tom,
    I'll see if I can find time tomorrow to take some photos of specific requests.
    You got a Rockne you're working on?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The Iowa Hawkeye Chapter SDC was gifted a 32 Rockne from one of our club members and I volunteered to store it til which time we decide on what to do with it. Its been tore down and in pieces. The frame and running gear has been finished along with the all the bright work. Three of the four fenders have been reconditioned, with the one rear needing to be replaced. Anyways Im trying to go through it all and see whats missing and I didn't locat that part.
      sigpic

Comment

What year model Rockne?

Chris.

Comment

The title says 1932, coupe, 75-Q-1. So would this make a 41 model Rockne?
          sigpic

Comment

Okay, Tom. I'm not going to be of much help here. The Rockne Model 75 is more akin to the Studebaker Model 55. It is a full size Studebaker with a Rockne moniker.
            Larry Tholen is the treasurer of the Antique Studebaker Club and keeper of the Rockne Registry.

He is also himself the owner of a beautifully restored Model 75 coupe. I'm sure if you contact him he will be more than willing to supply any information and photos you may need.

He joined this forum but has only made one post in February, 2008.

His direct email is Ltholen@cox.net
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks Brad, Ill get a request off to him soon.
              sigpic

Comment

He is also himself the owner of a beautifully restored Model 75 coupe.
                Larry recently sold his Rockne to Don Armacost...
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                X