X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allan Songer
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Laemmle

Al Gore and the scan police will find and incarcerate your arz.......

quote:Originally posted by JRoberts

How would anybody know if you copied their scan of an old brochure picture or simply scanned an orginal brochure yourself?

Joe Roberts
    Why did you mention Al Gore? I am offended. I think Al Gore is a true American hero, a GREAT man and a GREAT American. I thought this was a "politics free" forum. If that's NOT the case, I'd be happy to fill PAGES with pro-Al Gore information!

Leave a comment:

• Allan Songer
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Laemmle

How would anybody know if you copied their scan of an old brochure picture or simply scanned an orginal brochure yourself?

Joe Roberts
    Why did you mention Al Gore? I am offended. I think Al Gore is a true American hero, a GREAT man and a GREAT American. I thought this was a "politics free" forum. If that's NOT the case, I'd be happy to fill PAGES with pro-Al Gore information!

Leave a comment:

• Laemmle
    replied

Joe Roberts

Leave a comment:

• Laemmle
    replied

Joe Roberts

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied

Joe Roberts

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied

Joe Roberts

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Guido
    Bob,

Having owned a Willys station wagon, I know that they appeared long before IH ever had an inkling of producing the Travelall (or it's S series predecessor).

Gary
    Watch your snail mail, Gary . (You may scan and post the contents if you like; I don't have scanner capabilities up & running.) BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Guido
    Bob,

Having owned a Willys station wagon, I know that they appeared long before IH ever had an inkling of producing the Travelall (or it's S series predecessor).

Gary
    Watch your snail mail, Gary . (You may scan and post the contents if you like; I don't have scanner capabilities up & running.) BP

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
    [Now that we've settled who had the first muscle car ([:0][^][xx(]), we can discuss who had the first SUV, per this link's suggested claim for the Travelall...are they forgetting the pre-WWII Suburban?] We're off! BP
    Bob,

Gary

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
    [Now that we've settled who had the first muscle car ([:0][^][xx(]), we can discuss who had the first SUV, per this link's suggested claim for the Travelall...are they forgetting the pre-WWII Suburban?] We're off! BP
    Bob,

Gary

Leave a comment:

• DilloCrafter
    replied
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Leave a comment:

• DilloCrafter
    replied
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    While the old brochure the photos came from is probably no longer copyright protected, the specific digital scans of the pics in the slideshow, the web page (even if it only shows a photo) and the posting of those images to the page are subject to copyright protection. Someone at the Times scanned and put 'em on the web page so their work is protected.

So, if you copy and use their photo scans, you've violated their copyright. If you have a brochure and make/use your own scans, you are probably not in trouble (depending if the original copyright owner of the brochure itself is still asserting his/her rights).

Merely posting a link to copyrighted material such as Mr. Palma has done is NOT a violation and that is my recommendation for bringing such items to the forum's attention.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    While the old brochure the photos came from is probably no longer copyright protected, the specific digital scans of the pics in the slideshow, the web page (even if it only shows a photo) and the posting of those images to the page are subject to copyright protection. Someone at the Times scanned and put 'em on the web page so their work is protected.

So, if you copy and use their photo scans, you've violated their copyright. If you have a brochure and make/use your own scans, you are probably not in trouble (depending if the original copyright owner of the brochure itself is still asserting his/her rights).

Merely posting a link to copyrighted material such as Mr. Palma has done is NOT a violation and that is my recommendation for bringing such items to the forum's attention.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Go for it, Leonard! BP

Leave a comment:

Working...
X