Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
    FOLLOW-UP
    I'd like to update members on this subject as promised. Through discussion with the Studebaker National Museum officials, steps are being taken to hopefully resolve all the issues raised in this thread. Please be patient for a little while longer. I hope I can have some satisfactory answers within a week or so.
    Stu Chapman
    Thank you very much for your efforts.
    As I said previously, your book will be (amongst other items) my next buy.
    Nice day to all.
    sigpic

Comment

RESOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM

Following further discussion with our contacts with the Studebaker National Museum, appropriate meetings have been held and I believe we have a resolution to the ordering problems with the Museum.

Arrangements are being made with the Museum's web provider to change the system to now allow Canadian and International orders to be placed on line. This will apply to both Museum orders and Studebaker Club Store orders. Members will be able to order on line using MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover cards on a secure basis. When you place an order in this fashion the shipping charges will be applied to your credit card once they are determined. It is expected that the amended system will be in operation between September 15th and 30th. I will initiate a further post to confirm the exact date once it's known.

The Museum will not be able to offer the PayPal service at this time since apparently that organization needs to know the exact shipping charge at the time of transaction, something the Museum is currently unable to determine. This will however be reviewed at a later date.

Hopefully, this action will ensure that international orders will be handled shortly without any further difficulty. I'll be back to you soon.

Stu Chapman

Comment

That's great Stu, I just spoke to Drew VandeWielle when I sponsored the 2 Brooks Stevens prototypes. It will be great to soon be able to place orders.

Well done to all concerned.

Now to arrange a visit to see the cars sometime.
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

STUDEBAKER NATIONAL MUSEUM INTERNATIONAL ORDERING PROBLEM NOW RESOLVED

As a follow-up to this thread and its many posts, I am able to confirm that the Studebaker National Museum website can now accept Canadian and International orders on line.

As discussed extensively in this thread, we recognize this problem has been a difficulty for non-U.S. customers in the past but the necessary steps have been taken by the Museum's website provided to bring the system up to date. So please access the Museum's website and learn about all the products available, either from the Museum or the Studebaker Store.

All's well that ends well.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Thank you very much Stu.
            I'll have a look at it today.
            Nice day to all.

Update:
            I tried several times but I always get the following message :"The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder." Of course, I have typed the same address in both cases. I'll send a mail to the museum.
            Last edited by christophe; 09-18-2013, 03:35 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

STUDEBAKER NATIONAL MUSEUM INTERNATIONAL ORDERING PROBLEM NOW RESOLVED

As a follow-up to this thread and its many posts, I am able to confirm that the Studebaker National Museum website can now accept Canadian and International orders on line.

All's well that ends well.

Stu Chapman
              I spoke to the museum last week and they told then they would soon finalize outside U.S.A. orders on line. Glad it is up and running
              sigpic
              55 President Deluxe
              64 Commander
              66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by christophe View Post
                Thank you very much Stu.
                Nice day to all.

Update:
                I tried several times but I always get the following message :"The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder." Of course, I have typed the same address in both cases. I'll send a mail to the museum.
                I've advised the Museum of your problem. Will keep you posted.
                Stu Chapman

Comment

Thank you very much Stu.
                  Nice day to all.

Update:
                  The mismatch is that the address that the credit card company has for your billing address doesn't match the billing address you've entered. Even if it's only off by a couple characters, it could be enough. Find a copy of one of your credit card statements, and fill out the billing section exactly as listed on your statement. If that is what you did, then indeed, it may be a problem with the credit card company, the museum's POS interface, or both.

Stu,

Thanks for following up on this stuff. It's great to see the Studebaker world getting cared for so well.
                  '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I've advised the Museum of your problem. Will keep you posted.
                    Stu Chapman
                    As Jim Clements has stated in post #38, your address has to match exactly both for credit card address and shipping address. The Museum advises me that let's say your address is 123 ABC Road South and you enter 123 ABC Road S then the AVS could kick in. However I will further follow up regarding the Museum's POS interface.
                    Stu Chapman

Comment

Thank you very much Stu.
                      Nice day to all.

Update:
                      Please check posts 38 and 39 and then let me know if it is working ok so I can advise the Museum.
                      Stu Chapman

Comment

Please check posts 38 and 39 and then let me know if it is working ok so I can advise the Museum.
                        Stu Chapman
                        I tried again today after resetting my address information and my payment information. Still no luck and always the same message.
                        I won't be connected again till next thursday, so there is no rush. Just let them know if you have the occasion to.
                        Nice day to all.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X