No announcement yet.

Lets Save Lucy - 63 Lark -needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if you can't make it then you can come up to Fresno on a parts run soon. It would give me more time to get stuff together.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sbca96

Screw the association. When was the last time they did anything for
      you?? I have one also, everytime I have contacted them about things,
      they tell me "its not our problem, call _____". I still have this
      dumb ladder device tied to the neighbors fence behind me with a yellow
      extention cord, and than an orange extention cord tied to the top of
      the ladder and to the roof!! I see it out my french doors. Freaking
      useless organizations that only screw YOU the good neighbors over. If
      the damn ladder was tied to MY fence, the cord would have been cut the
      next day. Then there is their barking dog all night, and the smell of
      dog feces coming through the fence next to our roses.

Sorry ... venting. I would tell the Assoc to ____ off.

Tom

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom
      I'm not in the mood to fight with my association.
      That'd work real well... if you're in an association you know how they work. They would issue fines for noncompliance, if you say "screw you" they file a lien against your property and have the problem resolved at your expense. There is no excuse to get upset if the association rules are in place prior to your moving in. I refuse to live in anywhere where there is an association... I told the real estate agent up front when we started to narrow down the property search.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sbca96

Screw the association. When was the last time they did anything for
        you?? I have one also, everytime I have contacted them about things,
        they tell me "its not our problem, call _____". I still have this
        dumb ladder device tied to the neighbors fence behind me with a yellow
        extention cord, and than an orange extention cord tied to the top of
        the ladder and to the roof!! I see it out my french doors. Freaking
        useless organizations that only screw YOU the good neighbors over. If
        the damn ladder was tied to MY fence, the cord would have been cut the
        next day. Then there is their barking dog all night, and the smell of
        dog feces coming through the fence next to our roses.

Sorry ... venting. I would tell the Assoc to ____ off.

Tom

I'm not in the mood to fight with my association.
        That'd work real well... if you're in an association you know how they work. They would issue fines for noncompliance, if you say "screw you" they file a lien against your property and have the problem resolved at your expense. There is no excuse to get upset if the association rules are in place prior to your moving in. I refuse to live in anywhere where there is an association... I told the real estate agent up front when we started to narrow down the property search.

Comment

I am in an association ... {EDIT} dont get me started.

Tom
          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I am in an association ... {EDIT} dont get me started.

Tom
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Please get back on the "Lucy" topic. Thank you.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
              Woodbury, Minnesota
              sigpic
              Bob Shaw
              Rush City, Minnesota
              1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
              "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Please get back on the "Lucy" topic. Thank you.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
                Woodbury, Minnesota
                sigpic
                Bob Shaw
                Rush City, Minnesota
                1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

To properly install the headliner it is best to have the front and rear glass out. That is not to say it can't be done. If they are in and do not need to come out for any other reason, I would try leaving the rear one or one of them in, and just fighting the other one.

Can the headliner be installed after the windshield/backglass? Thanks for the help everyone.
                  StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

To properly install the headliner it is best to have the front and rear glass out. That is not to say it can't be done. If they are in and do not need to come out for any other reason, I would try leaving the rear one or one of them in, and just fighting the other one.

Can the headliner be installed after the windshield/backglass? Thanks for the help everyone.
                    StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• Sorry ... its a current thorn in my side, I edited my post.[:I]

LONG LIVE LUCY!

Tom

quote:Originally posted by BShaw
                      Please get back on the "Lucy" topic. Thank you. BShaw

Comment

• Sorry ... its a current thorn in my side, I edited my post.[:I]

LONG LIVE LUCY!

Tom

quote:Originally posted by BShaw
                        Please get back on the "Lucy" topic. Thank you. BShaw

Comment

• Its been a while since I put anything on about Lucy. Today I reinstalled the dashboard and hookedup all the wiring. put on new starter solenoid and voltage regulator(the newer electronic type) and hooked up the battery. Aside from the right front headlight assembly not there, everything worked.. horn too. was kinda nice to see her partially apring to life. The engine was supposed to be brought here today, it didnt make it.. so it should be here tomorrow, My garage looks like an O.R. Everything is laid out ready to go. Sunday am going up to fresno to pick up the parts from Anne and Mr. Biggs. Then to put the rest of her back together. I cant wait to drive her. I'm taking pictures so will post them as soon as developed. Take care eveyrone and thanks for the help!
                          Bob

Comment

• Its been a while since I put anything on about Lucy. Today I reinstalled the dashboard and hookedup all the wiring. put on new starter solenoid and voltage regulator(the newer electronic type) and hooked up the battery. Aside from the right front headlight assembly not there, everything worked.. horn too. was kinda nice to see her partially apring to life. The engine was supposed to be brought here today, it didnt make it.. so it should be here tomorrow, My garage looks like an O.R. Everything is laid out ready to go. Sunday am going up to fresno to pick up the parts from Anne and Mr. Biggs. Then to put the rest of her back together. I cant wait to drive her. I'm taking pictures so will post them as soon as developed. Take care eveyrone and thanks for the help!
                            Bob

Comment

Working...
                            X