No announcement yet.

Lets Save Lucy - 63 Lark -needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Anne and Mr. Biggs, Yes, she's the 6 cylinder. Is there a good way to make sure the tranny and rear end are ok?
    Thanks,
    Bob

Comment

Hi Anne and Mr. Biggs, Yes, she's the 6 cylinder. Is there a good way to make sure the tranny and rear end are ok?
      Thanks,
      Bob

Comment

Right on Anne! Thats what I am talkin about! The club at work!

Tom
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Right on Anne! Thats what I am talkin about! The club at work!

Tom
          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

You guys are the best!

Comment

You guys are the best!

Comment

The tranny will need an operating engine to test, the rear end can be
                checked to make sure it turns freely, and the yoke turns when a wheel
                is turned. On your non TT axle, when you turn one wheel, the other is
                going to turn the opposite direction - thats normal. You not going to
                be driving it across country, so stick to what it NEEDS to get that
                registration and put the association at ease. I would bet that even
                the most worn trans will make it to DMV (only needs to make it out of
                the DMV parking lot) .. you can tow it from there.

Tom

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom
                Is there a good way to make sure the tranny and rear end are ok?

Comment

The tranny will need an operating engine to test, the rear end can be
                  checked to make sure it turns freely, and the yoke turns when a wheel
                  is turned. On your non TT axle, when you turn one wheel, the other is
                  going to turn the opposite direction - thats normal. You not going to
                  be driving it across country, so stick to what it NEEDS to get that
                  registration and put the association at ease. I would bet that even
                  the most worn trans will make it to DMV (only needs to make it out of
                  the DMV parking lot) .. you can tow it from there.

Tom

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom
                  Is there a good way to make sure the tranny and rear end are ok?

Comment

Well, as Tom suggests, the tranny will show itself in operation, but given that the oil's red and it doesn't smell burnt, I'd say it'll pull you around. That little T-35 is a decent unit behind a six.
                    I didn't get a chance to scare up any parts here, but I feel assured I have some of that list. I've got a platelet appointment tomorrow, so it'll be afternoon before I can look.
                    Oh, the rear axle'll be fine!

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well, as Tom suggests, the tranny will show itself in operation, but given that the oil's red and it doesn't smell burnt, I'd say it'll pull you around. That little T-35 is a decent unit behind a six.
                      I didn't get a chance to scare up any parts here, but I feel assured I have some of that list. I've got a platelet appointment tomorrow, so it'll be afternoon before I can look.
                      Oh, the rear axle'll be fine!

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Hi Guys, I'm not sure if I can make it to Selma. If any parts are available, I'll definitely find a way to make it work. I'm in no way trying to put pressure on anyone as we all have issues and commitments to deal with. I'd love to see all the Studeys and meet everyone, right now I have to be very judicious with my resources. Again, thanks for all the support in trying to save her.
                            Bob

Comment

Hi Guys, I'm not sure if I can make it to Selma. If any parts are available, I'll definitely find a way to make it work. I'm in no way trying to put pressure on anyone as we all have issues and commitments to deal with. I'd love to see all the Studeys and meet everyone, right now I have to be very judicious with my resources. Again, thanks for all the support in trying to save her.
                              Bob

Comment

Well if you can't make it then you can come up to Fresno on a parts run soon. It would give me more time to get stuff together.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                                1957 Silverhawk
                                1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                                Gus 1958 Transtar
                                1955 President State
                                Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
                                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                                Gus 1958 Transtar
                                The Prez 1955 President State
                                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                                Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe